Update to testing universe

So that we are not confused I will use the player facing tier level rather than internal. Internally world tier indexes from 0. This means we refer to placid worlds as tier 0 rather than the player facing tier 1. The world you are concerned with (Omegasus V) does not have titanium on it. That said metal worlds on tier 4 will have titanium. Tier 5 will be the start of the gem worlds yes. It will also be when titanium is accessible on every type of world.

You could use an atlas to check my claim.

FYI, titanium spawns deep under the surface. There must be a minimum of 40 blocks of depth for titanium to start spawning (it’s better to go deeper still).

2 Likes

So it sounds like we will have to go to more planets to get the same resources that were on single planets before. I do not think this is good or bad. It certainly forces early players to visit more planets to progress. I do think the need for all this movement should move the developers in the direction of more ort stone versus less. The scattered resources will increase the need for portals as players progress.

1 Like

I’m not asking for caves to fall into. I liked the closed off things. I’m asking for the caves in the sides of the mountains or right beside the water to be bigger and allow you to work your way down some without having to always dig. I found one or two like that but like I had said most were very small. It wasn’t horrible but like 5-10% feeling off.

1 Like

I think if there is something it needs to be vague at most. We want people to explore and to work for it… but it doesn’t hurt to say that you can find things in hilly or mountains or plains, deep underground, high up… or maybe something like that. But if it is too much then people will scale immediately and never even explore the planet. I spent 2-3 hours at least exploring and saying hi to people and stuff instead of going straight to the item to get it. So that was nice…

3 Likes

Yes please match both levels of Tier descriptions. Either start with 0 for everything or 1 and keep it consistent.

On a side note about the knowledge base showing resources, I think a basic or hinting type description of: planet tier, planet name description (placid, rugged, etc) need to be put in the knowledge base. We always won’t understand what it means so some help there would be great. It will help us as we decide what planets to go to…

We also REALLY need a search function in the knowledge base. Filters are nice but search is so much easier.

2 Likes

I just created a new account today with an instant access key and can’t seem to log into the testing universe. I can log into live fine but when I log into test it tells me “the username and password entered does not match our records”. Any ideas on how to fix it? Would love to check out the new world!

Hey @Aella! Welcome :smiley:

This sounds like a process that was started manually by a developer, so it’s likely if you created your account after the copying process that you cannot login. It is possible the server just needs a bit of time to refresh the account database but i would not count on that.

1 Like

Honestly this is a great idea. +1 from me.

Have you logged into the main universe yet???

The primary point of this test server is to verify that our names have been reserved… so if you dont have a name there is nothing to reserve…

That made me laugh. I never did increase my jump on any characters (or dexterity, etc. just health, stamina, power and not a lot on those) and I never used a grapple. I just always dug out of places. I usually dug in then fell, so, I dug out.

1 Like

Warp augments work fine for changing planets. Portals I look at as a way to get business. Warp augments are simple and work for normal movement. That was my thing about not liking portals on starter planets. With those new players may not even make a camp as friends have told them land then run to this location and take the portal and then start on this planet where you can join us in a group hunt and level really fast. Unfortunately, an awful lot of current players have essentially never been a new player as they skipped all the new player learning and went straight to level fast schemes. They have no clue how to live without portals and diamond equipment.

Under the “Miner” tab in Objectives:

“Striking the Iron” task description is, “Travel to a World that is Rugged or more dangerous”.

when it should be something like, “Mine 5 Iron Seam”.

Edit: I just realized that, “A Less Common Coal” also has this. Is it basically just telling you to go to a higher world to more easily find these resources? Does medium coal not exist on a basic world?

No, I think only soft coal will appear on starting planets

Iron does appear, but it’s fairly rare on starter planets

3 Likes

I couldn’t find any tech remnants at all in my starting area. There was a big cave system under my base, but it was very devoid of resources. Only could find copper soft coal and fossils. Maybe just needed to try a different location, because I ran across another player who had dozens of them. (I was on the T1 world)

I feel like I’m missing something.

I’m level 10 now, and I’ve gained/crafted pretty much everything I need up to this point. I crafted and placed a Workbench and crafted and placed an Extractor. However, there is no option to create a Spark Generator, Spark Cords, or any other machine apart from Extractor in the Workbench. How does one progress from here?

@james Could I get a warp or two for the current testing world pretty please? <3

There are different objectives in the journal… you pick what class you want and follow them. Unfortunately right now we have issue that certain items cannot be crafted on starter planets because you need resources from higher tier worlds.

haha
It used to be everyones style before introducing progression. :rofl:
Then at some point a lot of new players complained about:
a) spitters attacking
b) falling into holes in the ground
c) steep mountains
d) night
e) lava
And devs started addressing that. I remember someone (probably James) stating that they think about having home worlds more on the flat side and without (or little) caves. And that’s what we more or less got now.

3 Likes

@Tobelawe Terrain generation issue?

In the hunting universe we say very weird water setup but it was mentioned that might be a mistake. While traveling on Dora III, I noticed this water setup on a lake and just wanted to make sure it was not a generation issue. It just seems a bit off and not really natural or something that should show on a normal tiered planet versus seeing on a more unique design planet.

Location is in the screenshot under debug menu.

2 Likes

Yup the plan is to use the exact phrasing you have: mountains, deep etc. You are right, exploration and self learning are super important and satisfying for players.

4 Likes