Use of sound

I just wanted to say holy jesus, the sound in this game makes me tingle like an ASMR video.

Just the sound of the pitter patter of feet on the metal, on the stone. The little grunts and things the oort makes like -always-.

The sound the tools make when you whack certain blocks.

<3

Thank you. LOVE IT.

19 Likes

Foley artists ftw. The unsung heroes you always hear and never hear about…

5 Likes

Some of those AMSR videos on youtube, makes a lot of me tingle. And yes I love all the sounds in this game. Even the grapple.

Well strap in, because when the new worlds hit they come with new weathers, new atmospheres, and new biome ambiences. :musical_note:

Did you ever see this?

9 Likes

A game designer, a coder, and an artist walk into a bar.
“Don’t forget that audio is a core part of any game dev effort,” says the bartender.

2 Likes

@james
Wow, I never saw that before. Thnx. I heard a couple sounds I’ve not heard before. Would it be safe to say there are some creatures in that , that are not currently in the game yet?

Most of the creature noises in there are “ambient”, ie. to give the feeling of a biomes and environment.

1 Like

When do you think the new worlds will hit?? A rough estimate?

Weeks, not months.

21 Likes
5 Likes

My excitement cannot be withheld. <3

2 Likes

sara-schrei-DW-Politik-New-York-jpg

7 Likes

It is lovely work on the audio. The Hoppers still give me the fear when they spawn near me in a dark cave. Yikes.

Woooo, new worlds!

Would be nice to have some lightning weather effects and the associated rumbles of thunder depending on distance etc.

Don’t do it :joy: you know what my priorities are when it comes to updates :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yup, i just pee’d a little from the excitement.

1 Like
9 Likes
2 Likes

Perfect summation of everyone right now :joy:

3 Likes

i wanted to make a post about how much i like the soundtrack and the general sound feeling of the game, but instead i now just revived this one.

great soundtrack and general sound feeling of the game

4 Likes