“Vacation days” feature for portals

Fair enough. What if (for instance) you ask someone to fuel and they mistime it, and then someone tells you the portal is closed, and your fueler goes to refuel and reopen but since they don’t have block breaking permissions they can’t reopen.

What if they just added extra slots for fuel?

Or an oort shart deposit just like sparkgena work, you put oortshards then connect portals to it and they get the nery as needed you just have to put Oort on a single place for all your portals

2 Likes

We just need better fuel that would last longer, they were going in the right direction with the meteorite ichor. The availability is a bit too low since it’s behind an exo that is T7 and the lost in oort shard not worth it if you can fuel your system all the time. Only use i can see is like you describe it, while you go on vacation you can use this and they will last longer.

This might just need a balance pass.

5 Likes

Like that anti-piracy thing that one batman game did? That made me lose it. :joy:

1 Like
  1. Find better friends that can be on time… :slight_smile:
  2. I fully support and will back better permissions around portals - We need a portal fuel permission on beacons and advanced locks.
  3. I do support some checks and balances on the compact Oort. I am not sure the exact balance needed but I do agree right now with the basics in that it costs more Oort but might need a tweak in ichor or something.
1 Like

I’m all for more options. I like your idea about using coins to fuel portals as an alternative. However the main fuel source should probably still be oort so we don’t take away economic opportunities for hunters.

I think that portals should require fuel it’s just the constantly having to refuel them that irks me.

2 Likes

Why is it crazy? If you are not playing, or on vacation, then the portal doesn’t need to be open 24/7 if you are not around, if the portal is a communal portal for a guild or something, then why is it crazy to have a guild member take the task of fueling it?

I do not quite understand the problem at this time.

1 Like

From his hub to his mall which many people use and have shops at. But that’s his not a guilds.

Also I don’t understand why we can’t just get 1 more slot for shards. Would solve most of the complaints I think.

3 Likes