Village prestige suggestion

got ya i like more playertitles for a city for players with added functions or rights

for some reason i dont have it in the title in my vilage
after i renamed it maybe try that
rename it the same lol

I also think ā€˜founderā€™ should be a title in itself.
If you start off a city and lots of people join to build with you, thereā€™s no guarantee that you will have the most prestige or want the responsibility associated with being mayor. It would still be nice for your original vision to be recognised though, so I think acknowledging the founders would be good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thats great smidge could be more people to

for embeds just place link on a separate line with nothing else on it. Works for youtube etc

Yes I think Founder should be different. Also not everyone wants to be part of guildsā€¦

so it looks like we have three entries so far:

Founder ā€“ Person starting the town and whoever is mayor at the time of 10k prestige (but I think it should still be some type of selection at that time just incase someone accidently builds something that breaks the 10k before the actual founder does).
Mayor ā€“ A selectable entry that is tied to voting or some other means to define it. It should NOT be linked to the higest prestige person because someone could grief)
Architect or something else to designate ā€œhighest prestigeā€ ā€“ Person who has highest prestige in city might not have been the main person who built it so maybe this needs more discussion.

1 Like

and roadmaster who can touch any plot that is assigned as a streetplot donated by players to the citys ot something similar

definitely something tied to managing roads since they are different from most buildsā€¦

1 Like

Seeing new emergent behavior of building globe spanning roads that absorb single beacons and small settlements along their path, and swelling to massive prestige in just days. I would love to see the option to decline annexation sooner, rather than later.

7 Likes

Just to confirm, I do not want to be the mayor of Eden. I did not start the town and it was @Xaldafax 's vision. I am more than happy to build there and have discussed my builds with him to make sure they fit.

Maybe the mayor could be elected by the residents based on prestige. If you have 25% of the prestige, you have 25% of the vote. That would allow the people that have the largest investment in the town to influence the decision. As far as timing of the voting, once a quarter or every six months? you certainly do not want it to be too often.

I do like the idea of the person with the most prestige getting a title such as Architect. I know I would be perfectly happy with that.

4 Likes