Visual glitch with crops near slopes

Seems to happen to both upwards and downwards crop types, if it is on a slope and 2 blocks above/below it there is another slope, it will loop the graphics making it look like there is more.

4 Likes

I know its wrong but it does look kinda cool

Is the issue here that the crop reappears in the same place after you had mined it?

No, it’s a gif. The issue is that it looks like there are at least 2 instances to collect with one floating on the bottom sloped block, but it’s only the one at the ceiling (removed with one hit).

By loop I meant it’s repeating the textured planes above the bottom sloped block when it shouldn’t.

Here’s another example of two next to each other:

You growing dormant meteors? Gotta get one of those too

6 Likes

Are you only finding these underground? I haven’t come across anything like this as yet.

I also saw bunch of them when they spawn inside narrow underground tunnels

I think it’s just a matter of the block formation, it’s just more likely to find crops in that specific slope formation underground because it’s more common in caverns.

Trying to reproduce this at my home, but since goo takes a while to mature I’m not sure yet if it will happen there too.

Edit: yep, I reproduced it at my place:

Thanks for the update. Even though I still haven’t seen this in game for myself, I’ll add this to the database anyway.

Can we keep it? I want to make some cool caves now with those vines lol

I noticed the same thing with kindling mass on slopes as well in caverns.

First couple times I saw it I thought there were two there. Lol