Warp Costs in Latest Release

i dunno if its just me but the grapple doesnt draw in or release for me since the change was made update before last

Different material grapples have different properties (longer, shorter, faster, slower, auto reel, non-reel, etc).

2 Likes

this is 100% amazing!!! this reminds me of the boundless that was advertised when i purchased the game!

i can remember specifically talk from either dev or marketing material about being able to lock down land and charge people to travel / use it. tolls are an awesome idea~ this makes me so hype to have my own portals between worlds~!

it would be nice if the coin they had to pay had to be put in a coin slot / box / piggy bank (spitter bank XD)

oh ok. i was using an iron hook so thats probably why i didnt get to pull myself up to anything. its more of a swinging rope then at that point i guessā€¦

Really? Shoot, Iā€™ve been here for over a year now and Iā€™ve never seen any of these people! There have been huge discussions over nearly every major aspect of the game! You can find all or most of them via the search function at the top right, itā€™s a really handy way to see past discussions over these various topics (for example, nearly everyone had a different take on how permanent beacons should be and whether or not they should require a fuel/coin value to stay ā€œonā€).

This should be implied in EA and thereā€™s a message about encountering bugs and the game not being final every time you launch. But maybe it should be included if folks here donā€™t know about EA and whatnot.

Good thing we have previews of upcoming features via dev logs (see recent worms post), threads asking for feedback and for bug reporting, and a testing release before content is even pushed to the pre-alpha ā€œstableā€ version which in and of itself is open to feedback!

I feel like you might have misunderstood me if you think Iā€™m against feedback. Iā€™m not. My 8-5 is literally testing software and providing feedback on it. Iā€™m all for constructive feedback. Saying exactly what you think is wrong and how you think it could be fixed is a gem for these types of things and itā€™s value cannot be overstated. What Iā€™m against is telling people they donā€™t know what theyā€™re doing or demanding certain things be released before other work. While the team is small itā€™s also specialized and you can pretty much assume that not everyone is working on grapple polishing and whatnot. As Havok said, other work is most assuredly being done, so fear not!

Also you made six posts in the span of like 15 minutes haha. It could help in the future to make one post that you can split out using the @ shortcut to address replies to different people. You can also use underscores (seen above) to separate parts of your post. Quoting peopleā€™s posts also lets readers see exactly what and whom youā€™re replying to.

2 Likes

thoughts happen at different times and i usually try to keep a post from being excessively long even if that means putting afterthoughts.

i was clear on what you were saying 100%. but its easy for people to get the wrong idea which is why i felt it important to clarify that regardless of what someone thinks should or shouldnt be done in the case of the guy you were replying to originally, that our feedback while things are not finished is more important than feedback while things are finished.

i am against players telling the devs they dont know what theyre doing as well. there is a right way and a wrong way to express your feelings and ā€˜dev bashingā€™ isnt really the way to go. also, i dont like know it alls regardless of their experience.

so a person who doesnt work on the game who tries to tell the devs how to do their job (unrelated to actual content critique) is annoying to me and i totally agree with you.

and as for the yes men, in the very short time ive been here ive encountered them several times. perhaps we as individuals just have different ideals on what qualifies them. for me, its anyone who incessantly brown noses the devs while trying to hyper justify bad choices or aspects that need changing.

I think this is a good bandaid for the moment and will help a lot of people keep playing. Also since we are all opinion dropping, I would also prefer the dev team to stop trying to balance the game since it will be in such a different state at 1.0 and do content releases instead. Iā€™m a software dev as well, not for games (financial) but I always found people prefer to see a product first so time isnā€™t wasted developing if that product needs to go a different route. Along with the fact this is an EA product I think it would be faster for a development team to realease lighty tested features and let the community run through the testing for them without having to worry about the repercussions. The turbulenz team has been stepping up though throughout the start of the year and I think we all appreciate the consistent devlogs. Thanks.

2 Likes

Perhaps we as individuals just have different opinions, and whilst we may not always agree with them, we should respect the fact that they are different, and that itā€™s those differences which promote further exploration and discussion on the subject at hand.

Iā€™m sorry, but because people do not agree with your opinion, it does not mean they are ā€œyes menā€ or ā€œbrown nosesā€. It simply means they do not agree with you, and discussions should continue in a polite and respectful way, without descending into labelling and name calling.

4 Likes

People need to chill a bit. Take a deep breath sit back and do 10 minute of meditation or something.

8 Likes