Warp Suggestion

Perhaps a rare resource that could be regenerated but would require one to collect a vast amount of it at center or core of the worlds “warp crystals” using the resource regeneration system would be a better alternative to coins and coins can serve there purpose in the markets.

Thereby there would be a progression added as players would need to equip themselves on a journey to acquire said resources in order to obtain the tools required to warp, replacing the need for coins and the potential limitations we may have through an XP based system when considering planetary warping.

I think warping currency is still under development. Also, the devs might add another way to get coins.

Portals are also coming and they require fuel and not coins.

1 Like

Unfortunately we need the coin sink, that the use of warps provide, to reduce inflation - essentially, without coin sinks, the game would have a continual influx of new coin coming from new players and leveling but no way to remove it… this then drives up prices.

For reference - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink

2 Likes

The costs are not final. They will be balancing it out, and they will be adding more ways to get coin. Don’t worry, it’ll be better

Ohhhhhhh portals are coming and they use fuel, that’s great!

:smiley:

If that’s the case the warp system due to the coin sink issue now that we have portals is perfectly reasonable.

I was just worried I’d be stuck on the middle of a desert planet needing to mine my way to level 99 in order to warp back to another planet.

Heaven forbid I ended up at max rank and was trapped there forever.

2 Likes

Little known tidbit for you … you can actually warp home, whether you have the coin for it or not… you just go into negative coin!

1 Like

Yeah, but my guess is additional coin influxes are a long way off, warp costs will be lowered sooner but we’re all playing in a bugged economy until repeatable coin influxes are in place. I’ve barely warped in the last couple of weeks, I think once to solum and back.

This is why I hope they go with my suggestion about trading plinths (items for items rather than items for coin). It’ll help give alternatives for trade while saving coin for more warping.

1 Like

Those item for item plinths and Warp Fuel. That would be a great solution. Then the coins just go from player to player via selling/buying plinths and normal trading (and maybe in future for using streets and portals from others).

1 Like

I thought they were going to add some type of warp fuel for portal networks on the same planet?

In a previous version there was a resource you could mine with a place holder texture that suggested it was some sort of warp-stone. Perhaps this is a reagent required for making permanent warps?