Warping into an Active Meteor displays 'Abandoning'

Hunting on Bersevrona, I was behind the group en route to a meteor, so I returned to sanctum and warped to a friend who was at the new meteor.

When I went through the warp I came out at the meteor and it displayed on the screen “discovered tier 6 meteor” then it displayed the “Abandoning Meteor” text with the countdown.

After the countdown was done, I still was able to get the rewards, but it might have gotten rid of my meteor life for that fight.

It happened the first time, then replicated it 2 more times and took these screenshots - showing the meteor being next to me. I’m guessing the game thinks I’m further away from the meteor when I come out of the warp? Perhaps a similar issue to the 0,0 plots getting footfall bug?

Does this only occur when warping to a player tacking creatures from the meteorite?

I didn’t notice any specific combat going on, I think they were just standing in the active meteor radius.

Edit: tbh, they are a very lazy Hunter so was probably just running around looting :joy:

If there’s another situation when you’re going to warp to a friend that’s near a meteorite, would you be able to get a video of it (or screenshots) if possible?

1 Like

Sure I’ll get a friend to help me test it today and I’ll get a video :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.