Warping into Beacon 'meaning'?

If you ‘dont allow’ this, does this mean players will not be able to warp anywhere you have plotted with that beacon?

Or does this just mean players cannot save the beacon and then warp to it?

Example: If I wanted a secret underground base, will this option allow it so nobody can access that area? (If its all blocked up of course).

Basically yes.

Back when I started my now-gone base on Kol, I had this setting active for a while. Quickly found out in a visit from @FayaAOP that it prevented normal warping to my beacon and placed people outside the direct beacon area, though I’m not sure on how it works in detail.

It should also prevent “bump warps” from the sanctum, as far as I know.

2 Likes

Ahh interesting, thanks for the insight! I always wondered if it was possible to 100% ‘protect’ your base from peering eyes, I hope it does work like this - got some stuff I wanna work on :joy:

1 Like

You know, Ive never tested this. Which is strange because this solves a ton of creeper issues

Has anybody else tested it directly? Friends/guildmates/no affiliations…

1 Like

Like when I warped next to you in your dark hidy hole!

Hehe, …no… that was ok

I tested to bump warp with a different beacon and it still works if planned properly.
Unless you plotted to mantle, bump warping can be done.

3 Likes

bump warping “shouldnt” be able to put you inside the beaconed plots, if it does then there is a bug.

3 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation Luca, will test this soon and report it if so :+1:

1 Like

Bumping not only allows you to get into the beacon but also to get into closed spaces ^^ definetly a bug.

As written, unless you plot to mantle, it is allways possible to bump warp in a plotted area which is above you.

@illuminawtyness prevented bump warping into his rooms for the lottery thing he used to do.

1 Like

If you turn off the ability to warp within a beacon it stops the player being able to “bump warp” yes :grimacing::slight_smile:

1 Like