Was online for an hour tonight

I logged in tonight after the new update just to check on the lighting and to attempt to find some exotic earthyam bulbs(circa is about cleared out completely). Luckily, I found some right before a pair of players showed up, I offered to share(3 had dropped from the one plant) but they ran off.
Went home to prep a bit and a new-ish player walked into my base. Showed her(female name and character model) a few things and gave some gear. Then saw three more new players whilst I was out showing her Aquatopia. Wooooohooo!!! Newbs incoming!

13 Likes

That is great, hoping they don’t get overwhelmed by it all. I figured it would attract some new players, but didn’t expect it to happen so soon.

Crossing fingers there are few bugs that need to be fixed.

Great news, I figured we’d get newcomers when I saw the response to the update on Twitter… :slight_smile: Saw one confirmed buy report on one of my own posts, and the official Playstation Tweet about it had a HUGE number of likes. Guess I better get some newbie gear on the ready… :smiley:

puts lock on a door

3 Likes

Even if they’re not new players, at least there were dozens of players on every planet I visited last night, instead of the usual 2 or 3. Also, massive quantities of surface resources everywhere, just like after a server restart back when there was a regen bug.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed most planets had a lot more players than usual last night. Arie was in the 20s at one point and it’s usually only around 10 during my game time.

I hope this brings in lots of new people, I would love to meet a noob now and to be able to help! Unfortunately im tucked away so unless they stumble upon my woodlands it seems unlikely

1 Like

Are you sure they were not alts :joy::joy:

With all the complaints and people saying they leaving would be nice to see new peeps arrive.

Based on the questions asked and the way they moved around, I’d say newbs not alts…

I know a few ex players that had gotten bored and stopped playing are now coming back over the next week to try and test out the update.

Im coming back at some point was on roaming planets last night need to rebuild as I’ve been away far too long lol

1 Like

Let us know if you need some help, no need to grind like a mo-fo!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: