Water reflections missing on ps4 pro. Looks terrible. Is this bug or intended?

If it is intended I may move my house somewhere else because it looks like only half the map loaded in. Just blank void where the water is.

Im on regular ps4 and i just started playing. The water on my starting planet looks like the sky. This is because the reflection on water is too strong…i think. I want to leave and see if other planets are like this because its hard to look at.

Very interesting to hear people saying this. The reflections work perfectly on my ps4 and they look amazing. Seeing the sky in the reflection of the water is one of my favorite things about this game.

5 Likes

Seems odd. Reflections look great on my pro and vanilla PS4.

Does water behave the same everywhere you go?

1 Like

Can you attach a screenshot and screenshot of your settings? Maybe there’s a weird graphic setting throwing it off

All fine here on my regular PS4. It’s one of my favourite things in the game, seeing the sky reflected in the water. The night sky looks so damn beautiful reflected in the water. It’s a pity the scenery isn’t reflected as well but hey, you can’t have everything.

2 Likes

I know you weren’t asking me but here are the graphics options on PS4. They are pretty light.

An example of what reflection looks like:

2 Likes

No this is “Bleeding Edge” graphics right here, okay?

Ok yes the planets and sky reflect… as always. Im talking about the water reflecting the world. Look at those screenshots then look at a trailer of the game. You see how the land and trees are not reflected in the water. It just cuts off. Remember the Bob Ross painter guy (happy trees) when he would draw water he would take his brush and stroke down the colors to make a blurred mirror image of the objects above the water. This is completely missing in game and makes it look like the land is floating. If there were reflections your mind tells you “oh yeah the land continues downward, thats where the water starts”. It looks like the land is floating above an empty void.

Edit: if anything… add waves or an actual blue color to the water. On my planet its almost completely white.

1 Like

Thats what im saying the scenery is reflected in the trailers

1 Like

The water reflection is too much. Thats my only problem with the game thus far.

You know, I hadn’t noticed that the scenery was reflected in the trailers until I just went back to watch it. Maybe it’s something they will add later? AT least to PS4 Pro. Does the scenery reflect in the PC version?

Yes and it looks amazing on pc

it does indeed reflect on the surface for pc and looks awesome

not my best shot but only recent one i have.

1 Like

The best is nighttime and seeing other players lanterns or torches reflecting off in the distance. Super rad

This.……xxxxxxxx