Wayfarer Totems avail to all yet?

Awesome, i will hit you up on that eventually for sure! @Saint-X is best saint! =D

There could be a version that looks different.

Otherwise it is pay2win, albeit in a very minor way.

But I see where you are coming from.

I paid for the deluxe edition (twice). Iā€™d have no problem with them letting everybody make gold fists.

1 Like

This is the best we should hope for. As the actual ā€œWayfarer Totemā€ should always be that 1 special thing for backers.

I really REALLY donā€™t like it when games give out ā€œDeluxe/pre-order bonusā€™sā€ and then they show up in cash shops at or shrotly after release. seems to cheapen the prestige of having that ā€œthingā€

But ya. i would settle for a ā€œMangled Stickā€ that looks lame, and is much harder to craft, more mats, than the Wayfarerā€™sā€¦ as long as it had the same stats. (@james feel free to use that idea, no royaltiesā€¦ its yursā€¦omgplz) =P

2 Likes

If they are going to add in additional purchased items, why would they do something they already put in the game? @crete is onto the right idea here. They should do something else to open up the potential purchases to the entire player base. I think they should release seasonal packages that provide a couple of cosmetically different tools, small 5-10% plot bonuses and titles. Make it similar to the seasonal packages you can get for PoE. That way they can add in new fists and totems on the same level as the wished-for items while still giving us backers an exclusive cosmetic.

3 Likes

I feel like there should be a more complete array of totems and even fist weaponsā€¦ i would love to have gem/lucent version of each ^^ā€¦ I also feel that the low flexibility on totems that do take resources to craft should be revisited. It has always been my impression that totems have had a low flexibility due to being ether free to craft or requiring backer status. Since some forge boons can only go on totems, itā€™s a bit harsh to have to use the basic ones with low durability, and the better options are locked behind events & backer statusā€¦ so also a bit harsh when it comes to availability. just my 2 cents.

10 Likes

I strongly agree.

I donā€™t think backers want to hurt the game. And paywall/pay2win hurts games. I think theyā€™d be ok with a compromise of some kind. If I were a backer, I certainly would. I think we all love this game.

The standard in most mmos is to wait a couple of years after release and then release something better, so id keep my hopes up.

I didnā€™t read the other text about the totems.
Because someone told me the result.

But if we talk about it again I can only say.
I and all other Playstation players didnā€™t have a chance to get the totem.
If we want to support the game, we can only do it through Gleamclub.

My suggestion would be:
If the totem was a special extra you could buy with it, i would do it and maybe others would too. That would support the game and it wouldnā€™t be unfair to the backers.

2 Likes

same stats ? why they should add a item with the same stats ?

If you pay a minimum from 95$ dollar (in complete for upgrades and basic game) to get the totem than is all fine for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: thats the price we paid for get access to the totem as a early backer

If you need to pay the same like all other it is fair.

the plot bonus exclusiv for early backer and the tools as a upgrade pack for all

3 Likes

I mentioned it before and the community shot it down.

Not an early backer for Boundless myself, but have for other games. To me, the early backers are the main reason why we have the game to enjoy now, and as such I believe the things they were offered as early backers should be theirs aloneā€¦ but that is just my opinion.

7 Likes

We have candy totems, Gleambow totems, and regular totems. Iā€™m sure they will continue to add more gear.

Exclusive Early Backer items should remain as such. Taking that away from them would be unethical imo. Those players paid a lot of $$$ to help the game get started.

New gear & possibly new totem styles in the future would be better.

9 Likes

They should still be granting new items to the backers every so often as well. Like for the shield they can add wayfarer shield. Many possibilities.

Iā€™d buy one from someone!

5 Likes

I know what you mean with crafted vs uncrafted, BUTā€¦ iā€™m just sayinā€¦ if those things had any more flexibility it might be a bit too easy to craft those Monster ā€œMulti-Toolsā€

as it is right now, they exist. but are expensive, cuz takes so much to jam max lvl Boons in there. I think as they are right now makes it difficult to get the results you want, so when you do, itā€™s that much more of a special rarity.

(Thatā€™s not me saying i wouldnā€™t totally take advantage of it if they DID have more flexā€¦ I totally would double wield all day =P)

2 Likes

Ok. So add a new totem. Easy.

In most GOOD mmos there are not game balance affecting p2w items.

In most BAD mmos there are multiple p2w mechanics.

In every mmo I can think of, backer and deluxe items donā€™t remain top tier forever. Typically either they are cosmetic or they are starter items. Iā€™ve literally never seen a game where a backer item is a critical endgame item. Never.

Just saying.

1 Like

why is this totem p2w ? you have no real benefit from it only to save 2 inventory slot if this is your p2w reason

the totem is no top tier items, its simple a item for lazy people to save a inventory slot or that they need not to change the tool. every gem tool makes more dmg, that mean a totem is not top tier.

a wayfarer totem is the same level like titanium tools in cost and dmg, the only is it makes same damage on all but is much slower and real bad to forge.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a multi tool. I think you know that it is useful. But we do not need to argue the point.

2 Likes

Itā€™s very useful, I wouldnā€™t at all consider it p2w since it is still available free of chargeā€¦ just gotta ask. p2w means you have to pay money to aquire, but you do not in this case.

In a sense, DEPENDING on what you are doing, it is the best thing available for the job. so, in certain cases, yes, it is top tier. but not in all casesā€¦ its situational
kinda like how the different grapples are all ā€œusefulā€ in certain uses

I think my only fear was eventually it will become unavailable. That is not the case at the momentā€¦ but one day it will be. as backers move on to other things

Either way, i literally was just asking if there was anything the like available to us scrubs at the momentā€¦ but I am not really advocating one way or other here.

Would i like to craft it? yup. Can i still get them if i cant craft them? yup. Do i have to pay money to hold one in my hand? nope. Will I be able to craft them in the future? mebbe. Good enuf for me right now =D

2 Likes

If I were a forger this would be a dealbreaker to me.

Boundless is the only game Iā€™ve ever played with p2w mechanics where I have supported the devs with purchases and also stayed with the game. Normally it would drive me off a game.

If there were a similar game on PS4 without p2w mechanics, I would go to that game. Not because Iā€™m not loyal to boundless, but because I abhor p2w mechanics. Once I get my PC fixed and that space voxel mmo and hytale are out, I will be giving both a strong look. Same with checking out creativerse. And this is for one reason only: p2w mechanics in boundless.

No other mainstream games have non cosmetic purchaseables afaik. If boundless were big, this would be critically panned.

Iā€™m sure other gamers feel the same.

We can debate what p2w means all day. To me, it is p2w.

I think we may need to talk about it.

The devs have done a great job in making sure the items they gave out werenā€™t game-breaking. In both cases, they were met by angry individuals since they were balanced and not OP. There is always a better tool for the job when you compare them to the fists or a mid-tier totem. Itā€™s cheaper to buy a high tier hammer and use a mining spec to clear out the areas I used to use an AoE WF totem on.

I honestly donā€™t care who can make what items. However, I think its bad practice for a company to make backer exclusives available to everyone before they have even finished providing the backers with all of their items yet. Iā€™ve already tossed out ideas on a way that would address this problem without creating the ā€œus vs themā€ mentality that keeps coming up in this community lately.

5 Likes