Wayfarer vs Pioneer

Let me start off by saying I am very proud supporter of this project and I’m just glad I could help fund Oort. But there is one thing that I noticed when looking at the pioneer tier vs the wayfarer tier. And that is a +50% increase in beacon range which is a +25% increase from wayfarer. Which increased beacon range is very nice and it is very impactful in-game. But, I wouldn’t consider a +25% increase for an additional $155 from the wayfarer package to be an incentive to purchase it. I’m not trying to convince anyone not to buy it I’m simply presenting the idea of some additions to the pioneer package. If you look at in terms of money to benefits pioneer package would be buying two wayfarer packages and an adventurer package and some change. Where you still get everything else from the previous packages but only additional +25% beacon range difference from the previous tier and an extra set of launch keys and early access keys at a difference of $155. Now, I know it’s mostly about funding this beautiful and amazing game, it’s just I can’t bring myself to justify purchasing it just for that +25% difference and keys. And I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels this way. So perhaps we as a community could explore some additional benefits to pioneer, while staying a respectable difference to the next tier, master.

You can buy the Pioneer-Pack together with a friend (because it contains 2 EA-Keys) and split the price. You can also “merge” 2 Wayfarer + difference to 1 Pioneer Pack (This would made this an additional invenstment of 225€ - 2* 90€ = 45€ / 2 = 22.50€ pP).

1 Like

This discussion is already going right here:
https://forum.oortonline.com/t/pioneer-master-and-oortian-rewards/953

1 Like