We need Standard Boundles Time (YBO)

It isn’t the first time universal in-game clock (under whatever name) is suggested as well. So, yeah, apart from misunderstanding here and there it’s something a lot of people would like to see, I guess.

1 Like

yea I think we need some sort of standard universal in game time that shows for each planet.

1 Like

An idea for Oortwellian time or time based off of the ancient race. Unlike hours days and years that are based off of earth cycles of planet rotation and orbit game time would have to be based off something common to all game players regardless of planet “server”. I think it would be cool if the developers incorporated something that impacted all players with a set increase it the Titan/guardian activity. Why this occurred could be unknown to the player but ancient lore could point to some upcoming recurring events that set the bases for the oort calendar and measure of time. If done correctly as more players learned more and more of this ancient race and its technology it could become reviled that the measure of time acted as a countdown to cataclysmic events resulting in meteor showers increasing creatures becoming more aggressive and arrival through portals of something unknown ???
Not sure if I was able to explain my idea correctly but the bottom line is to tie a measure of time into something game based.

I still don’t think this makes the most sense, because 1am boundless time could be at night in most planets. I think it’s just confusing with day/night times. I personally would suggest times corresponding to each planet’s day/night cycle (with a day counter) which would be visible in the planet menu.

2 Likes

But that time is not for planets. It’s for players to synch meetings and such. If it has an option to be hidden it shouldn’t be an eyesore for those who doesn’t want it on screen.

3 Likes

You are right each planet would have different lengths of day and night, I was just thinking that for a society of portal jumpers would have a common calendar and time . To add to the plot, or story line the developers could have it tie into real events and a deeper story line that would gradually reveal itself long after the game is released.

Well, this is somewhat interesting: It seems the feature for both is already in game…
Capture

5 Likes

Oortian Time (OOT) :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

4 Likes

This seems more of a day cycle per world

I want to +1 the idea of a time in game (I don’t think it should be tied to day/night cycle) just a clock in the game that we can see that is one time.

While I appreciate everyone here seems to know what UTC is and how to find it, I didn’t and it was confusing. When I joined the Chisel Town event, I logged on hours early because I was worried I was looking at the wrong time/didn’t calculate it right for my area.

It would have been much easier to log in (see the time in the game) and think “Oh, I got 2 hours before I need to be there”.

Big support for this!

3 Likes

but utc… the timezone cant be changed, so that remains the same… plus, that command doesn’t require a world name and the other does. idk, it looks standard to me :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Already mentioned my love for it awhile back XD

1 Like