Weekly Dev Update: 2016 August 26th - Features, Creatures, Equipment and more

Is the naming something done in the worldbuilder or a ā€˜No Mans Skyā€™-like ā€œfirst to find it gets to name itā€ thing?

Definitely!
My suggestion would be to

• Replace the stick with something a bit more sturdy that allows us to mine stone as well.
  • This would allow us to start with stone tools right away.
  • Remove wood tools from the game entirely.

PS:

Am I the only one that has difficulties with interpreting that sentence? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You will gain explorer-class exp for exploring these regions (I guess :P)

1 Like

IIRC, there are a bunch of different progressions (levels, stats, skills, whatever you want to call them). As you do various things, you increase 'em & level them up.

So, wander around the worlds, find new biomes, and your explorer profession stat/skill/thing increases (and presumably unlock cool things)

@nevir | @Predatoxic
This was my first guess as well. but wouldnā€™t ā€œVisiting these biomes will gain explorer progressionā€ make more sense then?
So i figured that it might mean that reading these biome names could ā€˜costā€™ explorer progression. Kinda like unlocking them for exp (like new recipes in Rust, if you are familiar with that)

1 Like

Iā€™ve corrected the text a little to make the meaning clearer.

1 Like

A-hem! :swimmer: :ocean: :skull: :angel:

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. With more detail it looks even sillier. More like a childs toy^^

I find it also interesting that Iā€™ve answered @olliepurkiss twice about how I would change it so we donā€™t need wooden tools. But, as far as I can remember, never got an answer what he thinks about it.

I just want to quickly clarify that Iā€™m only talking about the wood axe ^^ The stone axe looks gorgeous!

yea me too^^ The stone axe looks great^^ Except maybe for the handle but thatā€™s just preference I guess^^

I doesnā€™t really make sense that the whole thing is stone :stuck_out_tongue: That thing must be heavy

2 Likes

Love the updates!

Offtopic, I gotta say though Iā€™m only just now noticing how silly that giant lock looks on the right of the first screenshot. Itā€™s really weird! I didnā€™t even have to take a closer look. It just struck me: there it is, a giant black hole on a pillar.

Donā€™t want to hurt you devs here but maybe this has to do with the contrast being next to all of those scaled down resized storage boxes. The lock just looks bad.

Rest is all good, big fan. Hoping for the gamechangers like beacon upgrades.
Regards,

1 Like

What, did I say something out of character? I donā€™t get these emoji, I already own a boat and a floaties, so that makes no senseā€¦

Woo!!! New tool models! Also that creature scaling looks awesome! Adding all this to the collection.

I wonder how manny creatures will boundless have?

At 1.0 ā€¦ Iā€™d say at least as many as in this image ā€¦

ā€¦ beyond that ā€¦ only time will tell (but lots and lots I hope!) :smiley:

@Vastar better ? :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t think that this pic covers all planed creatures. Unless they changed their plans since this devblog:

2 Likes

I think that ā€œsneak previewā€ means they arenā€™t giving us the full picture. Wellā€¦ thatā€™s what I hope

2 Likes

Itā€™s missing all the titan related mobs (protector, etc) at the very least

2 Likes

Trying to get a friend of mine interested in the game, he was really on board. Then I showed him the picture of the Hunter and told him what it does, he is having second thoughts.

2 Likes

Wow, i Super like the dimensions of monsters!! Especially the ground basher is huge! Omg!

I hope, if you plan taming stuff, in opposite to wow like mmos, they keep their size, when tamed! Really great :slight_smile:

Just wonder a bit, how those big monsters work with the environment. If I enter a small cave (3x3 block entrance), will he stop before? Will he try to bash inside / enlarge the whole? Hopefully they can neither get stuck in the environment, nor strangely slip through walls. With these different model sizes and monster movement, quite a challenge I guessā€¦

3 Likes