Weird meteorite loot behavior

doing meteorites on gyosha

some meteorites have loot already dropped when I break through, so I don’t see the crate, just resources floating inside the meteorite; I let my friend break the meteorite blocks once and when he got inside I saw my loot already floating there - no crate to break for me

one meteorite didn’t have the crate nor loot at all, so I didn’t get anything from it

Do you have an auto harvest tool/weapon by chance?

1 Like

I had one a few nights ago i didnt get any loot from. No proof of course, apart from my tears.

oh ■■■■ - one of my fists is auto harvest, I forgot about that one; thanks

yeah auto-harvest still doesnt explain the one meteorite with no loot

If you have auto harvest u probably have at least +2m attraction range too. So if you stand right next to the meteor you shouldnt even need to break it to get the loot

2 Likes

I’ve never used auto harvest.

Was hunting with one other guy who got loot from it. I broke in first and it was empty/no notifications of anything picked up. He came up after and got the usual goodies. We hunted together for a while with no differences between us, neither died/same meteors etc and he ended up with 6 more oort than i did. Not sure it everyone usually gets the same thing from a meteor, if so those numbers match the missing crate.

*could match

As i said i have no proof and didnt think a lot of it at the time. Just unlucky. Thought if it happened again id mention it, but saw no issues since… til this thread

Oh man. If you’re doing meteors i’d highly recommend a tool with auto harvest. No more running around whacking every corpse for the loot lol

1 Like

The amount of oort is not 100% the same as are the loot drops from corpses.

You can get a hopper core while your mate won’t, same the oort gems that drop are between two thresholds.

Haha… was watching a vid tonight thinking exactly the same!

Yeah good point, i was nailing every runner i saw along the way which would have dropped a few randomly. Even i questioned if i got anything or not at the time, but usually there would be notifications that i picked something up on screen for a little while.

90% sure there was no loot, but i could be wrong, its happened before once or twice.

If u dont want to buy one i have a botched chisel with +2m attraction range and auto harvest you can have for free. I forgot to bring the right gums when i started forging so its just sitting there haha.

Judging by u saying you watched a video tonight though i’ll guess we’re in different timezones so idk if you’ll be up when i get off lol. Its 8 am where i live

Yeah its midnight here so about to go to bed… then work… so won’t be on for about 40000 hours. Haha.

All good i have a dodgy axe i made the other day with auto harvest. Just didnt know what it did really.

Thanks for the offer though, appreciate the thought!

1 Like

another meteorite that doesn’t show loot - not physically in game and also no loot listed in log; this time I remembered what I had before looting and I did get oort stones, it’s just invisible for some reason