Weird portal fuel glitch

First, apologies if this has already been brought up!

Second, this is actually a visual glitch - I’ll post a video below to show it, but explain what is going on here. A few of my portals (my TNT one on Raxxa and two at my Gyosha place, but none at my Alcyon place, tested a bunch) now, if I fuel them, it shows the fuel as being taken out of my inventory, but then immediately reverts the fuel in the portal to the previous amount. However, if I leave then come back, the proper amount of fuel is showing in the portal, so I’m not getting ripped off here. But figured I better report this since others if they get this and don’t realize they’re ok might freak!

3 Likes

I don’t know if it has been reported before, but I know i’ve been seeing this happen to me for a very long time lol.

4 Likes

Yeah, it has been identified and reported several times over the past couple of years. Here is a post I made in a thread for the issue back in 2019 but I know I have seen several other posts on it as well.

2 Likes

Get this all the time…

1 Like

Same happens to me all the time

1 Like

Yea happens from time to time to me as well. Usually going thru a few portals and back fixes it for me and then it’ll finally keep the Oort in there

2 Likes

when this happens I just move the out of the fuel slot and it merges into stacks in my inventory. then i move one of those full stacks back into the portal(using shift + click in both instances), which seems to sort of work most of the time.

1 Like

I’ve learned to not pop through a lot of portals in sequence to fuel them… also i wait a bit if I go through a few before I even open it so that I am sure the system recognizes me and loads the planet it. If I hit that bug, I just log to another ALT and then back… usually that fixes it.

2 Likes

Since its just a visual bug (the fuel is actually going in the portal, just the client side doesn’t show it), I just fuel and move on as I know it actually took the fuel. I have been fueling something like 100 ish portals every other day for quite a long time now for TNT (until recently due to pending RL move to the other side of the world), so I see the bug all the time and just ignore it since I know how it works.

4 Likes