Welcome to Boori Bay! [Recruiting] 10,000c to new members!

Hello everyone! I’d like to take a moment to talk about a creation myself and some others have been working on since launch: Boori Bay. Located in beautiful Boori and a short portal from Trollmarket (accessible from Aqua and PS hubs) within a natural bay formation and surrounded by a mountainous island, Boori Bay aims to deliver the penultimate naval/marine/ experience to Boundless Citizens (images of the settlement thus far can be found at the bottom of this post).

The general theme of the city is something akin to shipwreck cove from pirate’s of the carribean mixed with a bit of Boralus from World of Warcraft’s Battle for Azeroth expansion mixed with a bit of the anime Gargantia on the Verduous Planet (and other such marine type locales). The images below are from each source of inspiration, respectively.

Individuals joining Boori Bay will be asked to adhere to the general pirate/marine/european and new england coastal town theme of the build. Not great at building? One of our builders would be more than happy to make your abode for you to allow you feel right at home! I’m more than happy to get you in touch with our builders via discord with any questions about this point.

Individuals joining Boori Bay will not be asked to select a role to play within the community of the town, contribute X amount of items within N amount of time to maintain their position, or in any other way deviate from the way they are playing currently. Within our discord we will be more than happy to work with community members to help with resources or make trades that would otherwise get lost in the larger discords. Additionally we will be doing hunts, an eventual parkour course (see images below), and other events in the future as the town develops.

We are also looking at this time to connect to the major hubs to provide easy transportation to whichever worlds our community members need. We currently have access to Trollmarket, which in turn has access to PS and Aqua hubs.

While Boori Bay is welcoming any new community members who might be interested in joining, we’re specifically targeting anyone who doesn’t want to get lost in the crowd of a larger town/group but is tired of playing alone, as well as anyone with an eye for naval, aquatic, and european architecture. With any questions or desire to join please feel free to reach out via reply to this thread, PM, or on the official discord to Clexarews/Maarnt. Thanks to those who have read this far!

Pictures below:

The top of our mountain to one side. Some 1k+ plots have been spent to claim most of the land on the island. Once you’ve chosen your spot we will unclaim the plots and place a new beacon to add you to for your own slice of Boori Bay!

The other side of the mountain is more forested. In the future we are looking to build an armada out at sea with a parkour course going through the rigging/masts of the different ships!

A bird’s eye view down the mountain at the bay itself. We started playing with the official launch so it is a fresh project that is very much still a work in progress.

Stepping into town itself you’ll be hit with lovely turquoise gleam lights that reflect serenely off the water. The town itself will have many stairs and bridges built to allow for easy, if not slightly haphazard access to the different locations. Our end goal is to build housing on the cliff face of the mountain with different styles and colors to present the resemblance of an old world port city’s vibe as a cultural melting pot.

Underneath the bay is a large storage and crafting facility for the town’s founders.

The storage continues into a larger storage area that sorts blocks by colors. (ceiling WIP). Eventually it will have levels going up into the mountain with various walkways for warm red, bold red, strong red, etc. It’s been measured to be able to hold each type of colored block in the game.

Hard to see but this is the color storage system in action.

An early prototype ship developed by one of our builders.

And finally, designs and building is underway on our [code of conduct friendly] Party Place! Within the “Party Place” will be a solid metal beam for…structural support! Because what piratey town is complete without a “Party Place”?

Thanks for checking out our stuff guys, we’re looking forward to posting more images as the Bay becomes further developed!

9 Likes

I did a Tarzan through here yesterday to chase a meteor. Very nice build so far!

I own the Boori Ultima Hub for Aquatopia Ultima Inc. if you would like to open a portal, let me know!

Hey thanks but I’ve actually been talking to Diego about finding a spot for us on Finata, just for the increased traffic! Thanks though!

Just a quick update that we are removing the bit where we would own the beacon for individuals. We’d still strongly like for people to adhere to a sort of theme and we have builders who would be more than happy to create homes for people who may not be as great at building.

All that being said, infrastructure plots have been placed to start creating a town in Boori Bay!

Excuse my terrible drawing but we’ve set aside space for folks to join in 3x3 plots with the coast to the left and the bay to the right. The larger circle on in the second row on the far right is a 4x3 as a fair amount of it is water (but could be a good space for a dock!).

The blue is being reserved for access to the main bay build and our “portal hub”.

So if one of these spots piques your interest and you have a strong sea legs and a gnawing sense of adventure feel free to let me know either via this thread or PM and join our flourishing town!

(Other locales around the bay and surrounding mountain may also be available. Please message me if you’d like a tour and to work something out).

1 Like

Our expert builders are hard at work on roads surrounding the plots in the image above! We are eagerly looking forward to welcoming our first Citizens! Design work and crafting on portal conduits for a mini “hub” has also started!

Feel free to swing by to check us out (PS/Aqua > Trollmarket > Boori Bay) or shoot me a message if you’d like to join us!

I visited you some weeks back! Will come check out the settlement this weekend probably if i’m not too busy building my own new place.

2 Likes

An exciting discovery took place within the last week at Boori Bay. An Ancient Oortian ruin we’ve named “The City” was discovered by one of our members and renovations and repairs are underway. True to the…enterprising…nature of Bay residents we have promptly turned the ruins into a giftshop for all visitors to the Bay to enjoy. An entrance to the ruins can be found on the ground level of the Bay, surrounded by black stone.

Work has also continued on the [Code of Conduct Friendly] “Party Place”. Leave your worries about gems and footfall and how it’ll be another 300+ hours before you have coils for your machines and let loose at Boori Bay’s [Code of Conduct Friendly] “Party Place”!

Finally the roads around the first few 3x3 plots in town are looking better than ever and the Bay residents have pooled their money together to offer the first few Citizens looking to settle down 5k coins each! With an active builder workforce beautifying the bay and surrounding areas and a new portal to the Aqua Hub on Delta Cancret, there’s never been a better time to join Boori Bay!

3 Likes

Howdy friends, we’re back again to showcase the work one of our main builders has been doing to the side of the cliff edge. Progress has been slow over the weekend but we’re making strides slowly but surely!

Pristine spots on the island are still available! For a limited time we’d like to offer new Citizens 10,000c and a smart stack of iron fists to join us on Boori Bay!

The City’s shops have been stocked with fine shards and trophies from our kills and gathering drops are being stocked as well! Come on by to check us out!

–Aqua > Trollmarket > ramp to the left as you exit > top level portal
–Aqua > Delta Cancret Aqua Hub > Only portal open there

If i hadn’t already built on my island in Boori i would so be here.

1 Like

We’ve started preparing food and brews in preparation for patch 200! Hopefully the increased chance to get healing bombs will allow us to hunt on level 5 and 6 worlds to get gems from meterorites!

New players still more than welcome, 10,000c offer is still on the table! Join an up and coming city and be part of the next big town in Boundless!