What affects farming times?

I just used cool blue refined gleam and have the cooking time down to 3 days 18 hours! So much better! Thank you again!

1 Like

Can you fertilize them?

I think growing them on deco gravel makes them go faster too. But I don’t know I don’t do combustion.

1 Like

I haven’t played with fertilizer yet. It seems expensive for crops. Someone else will probably know?

Yeah, just to test I harvested and replanted one of mine, and got the same… 3d 18h

1 Like

Nah it’s cheap a can lasts a long time. Try it, trust me :blush: it’s only like 500c for the fancy fertilizer in shops.

Rice is an interesting one. It grows MUCH faster when submerged under water… but the harvest amount doubles if you harvest it not submerged in water. So I, and others, have gated water systems that cover the rice with water while its growing but then turn the water off before harvesting.

Not too easy to see, but there is a door up there that I open to let the water flow while rice is growing… then I close the door to block the water for harvesting.

1 Like

Now that is fancy! Im going to have to start playing with water spigots :slight_smile:

Welcome to come look at mine as an example… PS Hub Boori, take portal to VB Rocket Shop, then go around behind the building to see the farm area. Rice is all currently fully grown so you can open / close the doors to see what happens.

Do you have a good example for Kindling, too?

I have my layout for it, its probably not perfect though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … its actually on my to-do list to redo both of my inorganic crops. When I made the kindling layout the petrolim was new and pricey / hard to get… but now I have plenty to be able to make the layout more to my liking.

1 Like

Would be remiss if I did not bring up this gem from Mayumi again. It is where I got all the info I needed to get going farming when it was new

https://boundless.mayumi.fi/farming/

1 Like

(repurposed photos)

You can see my corruption farm layout here, kindling is the same (just swap bonus blocks).

The lava channels are chiselled on the underside, to create more space for planting.

Credit here for inspiration:

Combustion fraction - #12 by SolidAtomic

Chiseled on the underside?

Yup, check the link, it shows an example.

But basically get under the deco gravel, slope chisel a channel on the bottom, stick the lava in the channel (careful) and you can still plant on top of that block.

Meaning the bonus from the lava is not removing a block that can be used for planting.

1 Like

Ohh, I see! Thank you, I didn’t actually know that was possible.

Means I can finally put some of those 8 million seeds to use, that I got from that one tomato-soup lava planet some weeks back.

1 Like

Grow time should be 3 days and 18 hours when you have enough gleam near them! With high-octane fertiliser it becomes 2 days 8 hours…

With 12 plants it lasts ages! With my kindling farm I ran through 6 of them yesterday after re-planting!

1 Like

Oh no way- I totally assumed it was 1 fertilizer per plant! (I might have assumed the same with bombs too and made over 30 bomb bags thinking it was one shot/bomb…)
Annnyway- I am glad to learn it isn’t 1 fert/plant. I will play with that. Thank you.

I re-did my layout today based on the “near 3” 100% seed / 35% (55% with epic) produce in Mayumichi’s post here and it works like a champ if you still want to see a layout for it in person.

1 Like