What fuels do you use? What is the best?

I just bought spark for the first time and I don’t see any reason why I should use anything different for my spark generators. I barely mine. So I’d have to invest a bunch of money into power coils for my compactor so I can compact the little bit of coal I do have. And even then I was barely getting a dent compared to what pure spark got me.

So what do you use? How do you fuel your spark generators and furnaces?

1 Like

At current prices I only use spark for generators it recharges very fast, cheap and generators need less repairs.

For furnaces I use compact hard coal to get the 3x multiplier.

1 Like

I use peat for spark, then I save the spark as an item and use it to quickly fuel my machines as I need it lol.

For furnaces I use hard coal or enriched hard coal

Everything is fueled with infinite peaty soil into compacted peat, which fuels spark to make more compacted peat in an infinite surplus with sources of peat essentially infinite with all the farms available. The burn time is long and very efficient and far easier to get, unless you straight up buy a better fuel.

If i could get infinite kindling id obviously combine that with peat.

I go mining somewhat often and save whatever coal I get to compact it for spark, except for hard coal I use in furnaces for
s p e e d

1 Like

Hard coal all the way for me

2 Likes

Compact hard coal for furnaces and compact (medium) coal for spark.

I mine most of time so gathering something like peat would be just time away from mining where I coal drops very nice.

4 Likes

I use oort…
:rofl::joy::rofl:
In the spark generator i trough all except hard coal. And use the hard coal (compact) for the furnace.

Why with peat and not with compact hard coal?

Coal i feel is too much work to get and less efficient. When mining for coal its pretty common sure, but you also waste hammer durability on tons of plain rock. So in the long term i view it as cost inefficient since i buy my tools.

Peat I can buy a cheap titanium aoe shovel with around 800-900 block damage then go to a peat farm and get 9 peat a swing guaranteed, maximizing durability and minimizing time spent. Likewise peat burns for a long time and provides decent spark as well.

It is slower than coal but I am just to lazy to go for coal. Usually the coal i do get goes straight into a spark generator.

1 Like

I use coal when I have it but if I actively need spark I go to the TNT farm hub and get peat. I always make sure I have at least 1 million spark and if I fall below that I go peat farming. I have a habit of hoarding hard coal… I’m not really sure why.

I just started using Enriched Combustion Particle. I have a large farm of fraction and kindling. Gives me just shy of 4 mil spark each harvest and stretches out my hard coal.

1 Like

I use hard coal and enriched hard coal for my furnace everything else is used for spark generators

Peat for now until my fuel farm takes off