What happened to the original rendering engine?

Or the biggest island in Indonesia.

Isn’t that the blob effect you get when you’re to far away. Or maybe it’s the blobbing effect of the blob effect. :joy::rofl::joy:

On topic tough didn’t lighting change somewhere around farming?
And fixes ar all good and well but hoop they start working on other things like titans, hunters and those moving things from the end of that clip.

To add don’t think that clip is even comparable with the game TBH. As it has some stuff in it that never made it in to the game. Yes the fog is in it and the blinding light rays to :wink:.

(And im wondering that Hopper… did it use the portal? Why can’t i take my spitter for a walk on an other planet…?)

1 Like

The gigantic thing with moving whatsies is a titan.

2 Likes

Ah didn’t know that thx :wink: figured it was a giant Oortian walking around. [edit] titan i mean.

2 Likes

tfw no hopper buddy :pensive:

1 Like

See. I started June 2019. I was not aware of the lighting change. But I remember that water was rendered different when I started. Standing on the shore, I could look down into it and see the bottom. For me it was clear as glass. First 2 months, I never swam because I was afraid of falling down into these cloudy valleys. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Borneo? Is that a programming language? It should be… maybe I have a new project now.

1 Like

yes water blocks also changed ,basically all blocks that had transparency and shine changed like the devs stated in the "engine " section of that patch ,they also typed that the quality loss was in an acceptable range in favor of perfomance ,they had to do it cuz they were expecting the universe to get flodded with glass XD

1 Like

And it did he said as he tiptoes over that glass floor.

1 Like

I remember this. I had to totally redo my base so I could even see what was in storage. Weeks of work down the drain to recreate the same spaces with more lighting. Not fun at all from what I recalll. And now I have let it all regen and stored everything so I never have to worry again.

Was this good for the game? Who knows

1 Like