What happened to the tick-tock releases every week?

Yes, I think it does, because I want the update NOW gosh darnit! Been two weeks in Testing even tho the tick-tock they said they would be doing would have meant it was supposed to release end of last week, early this week…

Yes, yes, I’m impatient, sue me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Where did I say I didn’t have fun?

Sadly, that does indeed happen a lot, but to then ‘solve’ it by being silent that does not seem like the right move.

BTW, same deal as last year, hmm? :smiley:

Me too actually, that you’re wrong I mean. Well I kinda hope that always with any of you :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously tho, just really wanna know what’s in store in the near future! And if they change the tick-tock to be longer, perfectly ok, but tell us!

Yeah we have! Only the updates were way smaller then, I feel.

Still, I am missing some communication here about upcoming things and how they see the development of releases going from now on!

I’m good with the lack of roadmap and sticking to a set plan: I think flexibility is more of a boon for it. Boundless is innovative, they’re doing things differently on some things than I’ve ever seen done before, and then there is their open communication and extensive working with all of us here.

With trying new things, there comes great rewards - the amazing addictive game we have now :slight_smile: - but also you’ve got a higher risk of stumbling blocks, unforeseen issues. Perhaps they will come up with a new, incredible idea for an addition to the game, but one that would push other things to the backburners. Or perhaps something they really wanted, well, it just isn’t working out as well as planned and the cost of trying to get it going would mean sacrifice of other things for us. Because of this, I think keeping it open-ended, keeping their options open and doing some things on the fly works well, with the game it is - read an article not terribly long back talking about how games these days often evolve well after release, and Boundless is a great example.

So keep the surprises coming devs… got a massive project list to keep me busy in the meantime! :smiley: And of course all the exos… (umm… maybe a rift one this weekend? :wink: :pleading_face: hehehe…)

10 Likes

I’d love to know what to expect, but there’s actually several websites that allow developers to show what they’re working on.
I forgot what it’s called, but there was one that could be viewed by the public, exactly for developers to update whenever they wanted.

2 Likes

Ha. I need those beans for teaching pies now.

Patience. Next week we’ll all be playing like crazy getting those spooky seeds.
And building with all the new blocks.
And all will be calm on all the known worlds… for like 10 mins. Lol.

2 Likes

They changed it to orbs instead of seeds.

2 Likes

Well I think we all basically already know what is in the next update after this one… the additional storage. There are likely other tweaks here and there.

For the longer term roadmap, I always feel they prefer to wait until they have it coded much more and are sure that it will make release. There are many things they work on over time and a huge list of things they want to do. Much of that list is only hacked away on when they are able to sit down and decide to take the time to actually complete the work. This agile type of work probably hurts the longer roadmaps that people want because they are focusing on near term roadmap instead.

3 Likes

Sure, but what I would like to see is more a list of things to expect between now and ehh, say 2 years, I dunno. I don’t need a set plan with exact release date for certain features just love to know more.

We all love the concept art, we love that because we are eager to see what is in store for our beloved game!

I would rather like it that besides art that things, that do not need art or are perhaps not ready art wise, to be known! I’m a rather curious person ya know!!

I mean, I’m sure there are a gazillion things they are working on besides the Warp Wraith!

I wanna know moar! shakes a cuttletrunk

And one or more permanent ones! Please, pretty please??

1 Like

Darn it! :smiley:

Spooky orbs!!!

1 Like

I do miss having stuff to look forward to. Even if it takes longer than planned, i still like to know what they’re working on. I think the same is true for any game.

4 Likes

But… maybe I’m weird that way, I would love to see a list of things that they are working on, wanting to implement, etc. And I really do not care too much if things get post-poned when other stuff gets in the way, etc., etc.

Like I said, I’m way too gosh darn curious!! But perhaps most people would not be able to handle such information well (psst, hey James, you can always show those lists to me privately! :wink: )

I agree and I think the devs have sadly been burned by way too many negative posts in the past and are now only communicating things when they are close to release. I find that a shame tho kicks hopper away before exploding, sigh

1 Like

I dunno about roadmap, but we definately need big step up from devs what comes to communication… atm its like you would compare day and night if you think about what it was like in EA example

2 Likes

I like seeing the roadmaps. It gets me excited to what the devs have been working on. Even if they took the time lines away. As much as it would be nice to meet the time lines the set, It does seem that it my be unrealistic to meet those goals with such a small dev team. But definitely a regular roadmap of features being actively worked on would be awesome to have again.

1 Like

Spooky orb huh. Does that mean they are coming from mushrooms?

1 Like

Yup they are!

1 Like

More reason to slaughter the mushrooms, muahahaha!! :smile:

2 Likes

I guess I’ll get some use out of my reactive farms.

1 Like

I am no dev but while a roadmap wouldve been appreciated i agree, i think the reason some updates take longer than others has to do with amount of content, optimization, and maybe migration when things are changed? In short, many reasons xD.

2 Likes

I asked and we could get a lot of surface resources via farming and James is on board with the idea… but they aren’t not prioritized now over new content types. At this point there is no more farming stuff unless the community shows why creating farming 2.0 patch is a must have.

1 Like

I stopped my build 2 weeks ago waiting for the marble recipe update. still waiting…

8 Likes