What happened to the tick-tock releases every week?

I guess I’ll get some use out of my reactive farms.

1 Like

I am no dev but while a roadmap wouldve been appreciated i agree, i think the reason some updates take longer than others has to do with amount of content, optimization, and maybe migration when things are changed? In short, many reasons xD.

2 Likes

I asked and we could get a lot of surface resources via farming and James is on board with the idea… but they aren’t not prioritized now over new content types. At this point there is no more farming stuff unless the community shows why creating farming 2.0 patch is a must have.

1 Like

I stopped my build 2 weeks ago waiting for the marble recipe update. still waiting…

8 Likes

You and me both, because I have to change chisel the refined rock to metamorphic, and the less I have to change chisel the better haha

All I have to say is:

SOON

RegisteredTM

2 Likes

That, but also I was fiddling around with sand and soils for a new build and now am waiting for concrete since that is perfect for it…

Hence: impatient! :smiley:

No word yet on if that portion of the recipe will change unfortunately. As far as i know it will still be metamorphic only and not all refined stone

We were absolutely aiming to release the update this week. But frustratingly we found issues with it. And we’ve needed to fix them before everyone’s game starts crashing, or worse the universe gets corrupted. Just imagine!!!

Every day this week we’ve done “final” (cough) builds - and then discovered issues that we concluded need to be resolved. The general response we’ve got from players in the past was that they wanted quality and stability over speed. There have been plenty of “this isn’t Early Access anymore comment” which were valid and justified.

Delaying an update is more frustrating for…

• Developers
  • Players

0 voters

5 Likes

The devs can take all the time they need. Guessing this post didn’t make things more stressful to them… Do you rush a server or cook at a restaurant? I know I don’t…I would rather have good food without spit in it, than food with spit in it because I told them to hurry up.

4 Likes

Or I wouldn’t even go to a restaurant that one you feel the need to rush them and secondly I wouldn’t go to one that would even think about spitting on their own masterpieces. Lol.

1 Like

Yea since I introduce myself to all the cooks at the restaurants I attend :yum:

Lol my cook is my other half and she is a awesome cook…I am so lucky…

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone is rushing the devs. Anxious and excited, maybe. I also think it’s a fair question to ask what happened to the tick-tock release.

Side note: im glad it didnt release this week because i won’t be back until tuesday. Selfish :grin::joy::joy:

1 Like

Totally this - devs, take the time you need… and I hope you all can get some rest too this weekend, I know you probably need and have sure earned it! :slight_smile: As always, I’m very grateful for the work, the labor you put in brings me and I know many others here a lot of happiness, truly.

I’m in no rush on anything at all… like I said, long project list, always something for me to do! :smiley: I’ll exo explore, stockpile more… really, good to have a little more time to gather in preparation.

Really, I think Boundless - for me anyways - is best taken at a leisurely pace, even when putting lots of hours into it. I don’t like to hold myself to schedules, just do whatever I feel like at the moment, often will just stop while building and go off and wander… part of the beauty of the game, something for me to do to suit every mood… :grin:

2 Likes

:joy:

And I’m generally one of those but I want my concrete! Easier coil repairs, changed recipes and the new blocks! :smiley:

And thank you James for this post, this is what I like to see more often really!

Was that to be mean? Or just teasing me?

No.

When is your next hunt tho? Well, well? Hmm? When is it? Why aren’t you hunting already???

:joy:

In any case I wasn’t trying to add pressure, just showing that due to my love for the game I was wondering what happened to my concrete! :slight_smile:

PS. Hold off on the excessive flagging will ya, is joking around to lighten the mood not allowed anymore either? Getting annoying af.

That was absolutely meant to be teasing you! As in, I don’t hurry anyone but you OTOH… :smiley:

1 Like

Yea I know it was a joke, just wanted to throw something back at you. Didn’t you know there’s a flag war with certain people here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah I know, I also suspect who is doing it tho. Ah well, they will get bored eventually.

I was still editting the post actually when it got flagged, they are quick too!

1 Like