What is the best planet tier/type/etc and biome for gathering saltpeter?

What is the best planet tier/type/etc and biome for gathering saltpeter; also which of the 50 public worlds are best for it and what biome there?

1 Like

Just use my gravel farm. I get little over SS on one persisting pie.

6 Likes

I don’t know specific spots for it on the main worlds, but the high tier Floating Mountains areas I’ve found can make for some nice quick collecting without much tool wear. Get a lot of the tapered boulders on them. Several of these areas on my blast rentals but no portals right to them I’m afraid. Might do another experiment soon, if I get a good area might try to open one.

3 Likes

This. I use my sovs to get large chunks of salt p and combustion particle with ease

1 Like

Which tier and how many AOE shoves should I bring?

I usually do huge t6 flat cave boulder/combustion gathering but I’m up to my eyeballs in combustion kernels now (sweet!)and it’s soooooooo slow getting saltpeter and I kind of want to trim down to 2 planets b/c Brown Town hunts are effing amazing and maybe my skill even improved a bit, still can’t grapple for beans… SO no more t3 needed and mine was really slow for getting spicy beans from to boot, even. Thart would leave me a t4 with mondo gathery goodness and a t5 with crazy freaky water to sky ceiling-ish rocks hanging in the air that have been fun to build on and some collision of one of those and gleam, just holy cow it’s wierd and wonderful :smiley: and two planets would be easier to focus on and really if somone else has just the right planet already I can give them footfall and build there if I fall head over heels for their planet…etcetc I’m arguing with my cat and can’t fargh edit arfghkhsg

IIRC your Alcyon place has a portal from TNT and there’s portals from your Alcyon place?

I’m going to attempt a higher tier hunt mmmmaybe right now, hands are c c c c cold :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, my Alcyon place is linked at TNT Alcyon. :smiley: But there are no portals right now to any Floating Mountain areas. However, just rolled a Blast experiment that popped, and it is on Alcyon, so I’ll plan to do a temp portal (I won’t keep this, it was a diamond experiment but % way lower than Hyrule) if there is a decent Floating Mountain area. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Were you planning to gather on Hyrule today? I’m liking it already :smiley:

1 Like

Is Hyrule the planet with floating islands?

1 Like

Wasn’t planning to head there today, but it is my favorite of my rentals. :smiley: It does have them IIRC but I forget where on the planet if so, I don’t have any spots saved for them on that one. I could always put a Floating Island portal there after this one expires.

I did just find a nice area on my new one for it, so may get that open soon. Default name is Tovallt, not sure if I’ll change it as I can’t think of anything else at the moment. It is open to visitors as of a minute or so ago. I might also not finalize the colors here - it didn’t spawn anything special on those, and having a no-rock diamond mine planet for a month might be nice. It DOES have at least one big spot, the portal I’ll open a bit later will be on the edge of it, runs west of there. I’ll probably replace one of the Help Me! portals on the lower tier with it, as that planet will expire soon and I won’t renew.

1 Like

Found floating mountains with lava tubes not faar from the planet portal, wuhu. I’ll look for Tovalt later–I kept my t6 unfinalised too formining and free pockets :smiley:

1 Like

Just opened the Tovallt portal! :smiley: I am going to keep this one unfinalized I think, I could use the sap farm too without wood (also has Island Trees).

1 Like

Thanks for being a great forum and peeps to come up withmybest ideas while writing; writing that out readjusted my thang wrt trimming my planet count, and I realised once I was settled on that that I’d be a lot more likely to buid the region lightsticks I’ve been meaning to with fewer planets as well :smiley: My t6 expires in a few days, my t3 in a monthish, after that it’ll be a t4 and a t5–the two i tend to go to the most for gathery goodness. And I can go to Bob’s farms and your planet for saltpeter! That’s gonna save me a pair of calzones worth of cash every month :smiley:

1 Like

T6 Alycon fully enclosed, so protected from death (hate the death penalty).

When I did my last run I used 1 diamond forged shovel with persisting pie and mega fast brews did it for 45 mins and gave me a SS of salt petre.

Two huge sections. Via TNT Alycon. Enjoy. If you don’t care for the gravel there are garbage baskets, when they are full I throw them up in stands for free.

5 Likes

Hm… does not exist on Boundlexx :smiley:

Regards,

1 Like

Hmm, just went and double-checked, permissions are granted and it got picked up on the PS Discord scanner, so not sure why it isn’t on there.

I’ve got a Shock T6 off Alcyon I’m mapping now, I might open another portal to an area like this, that or to a new Topaz mine… this one will be a temp. Also put a T5 Chill experiment up, off Serp, will open a portal later in my T5 spot, good sapphire count for a T5 and some nice stardrop areas.

2 Likes

I went to Tovalt(sp?) via portal at Paka Palace on Alcyon last night, it’sa theya

2 Likes

I had this #brilliant idea to use up some of the viscous blood in my inventory (I haven’t got to where I craft with it so it builds up while the other bloods get used up) with crfting something else to sell, and after scratching that itch I realised bomb charges eat into saltpetre crazy fast for the nonexistent margin and the creatures on Paka’s planet are a wee bit very engaging so I will be visiting yall both regularly (unless I space it of course) depending on which vibe I’m in the mood for :smiley: