What is your first priority?

Trying to get an idea on what to do first, so I’m asking you what you plan to do first. Stay on the starter world and build? spread out? Build something… hoard resources… group up someplace? If you’re gonna build something, what?

thx,
all answers will help this noob determine his strat!

2 Likes

I want to get into food/healing items to produce for a store. <3 Tagris Restaurant and Healing Emporium coming online! lol

2 Likes

First thing I am gonna try and do is get regular Power Coils on each machine so that I can at least have some decent production going before opening a shop.

1 Like

Get to iron tools and weapons on starter world building just a basic camp then augment to start exploring other world’s looking for ideal building site.

4 Likes

gonna have to look up this store thing. It’s something I would like to do, I think.

1 Like

Shop stands and request baskets. You craft them to have an in game shop.

Anyone can make a shop.

Grind diamonds, yo. Diamonds for days

1 Like

I plan on setting up my main base or home on a Blast world to mine up diamonds on a regular basis.

1 Like

Indeed, workbench power coils will have very high value for awhile. Even after you have all you need yourself, you can sell them to others for a large sum

Prolly lvl up a bit and start collecting things. Hopefully someone next to me is a crafter haha

1 Like

I love diamond torches!

1 Like

After getting the basics with iron everything then I’ll head off to other worlds looking for a place to make a home for awhile without expecting it to get crowded. If it gets crowded then there should be new worlds and I’ll continue on that way until someday I find a place that never gets crowded and continue life as a hermit. Somewhere along the way I’ll make a shop somewhere for my wimpy crafter to call home and perhaps a wimpy builder there too. My main will be my explorer/hunter. I never have seen a point to making a gatherer/miner as I don’t worry about mass gathering and am in no hurry. My explorer does the gathering on more difficult planets and wimpy builder and crafter can get low level stuff wherever the shop is built. Eventually, I’ll either rent a planet when available or join a few others on someone’s rented planet. Always avoid cities other than as a tourist. Spend money as much as possible in small shops away from cities solo or in tiny communities. The smaller, the better.

1 Like

I plan on rushing towards getting coils because I hate not being able to make whatever I want to. Also, a fully powered forge adds a lot of fun to the mix with all those crazy perks.

1 Like

mine, level, change world, repeat … until I got to the ring worlds to connect to my guild

1 Like

Blow through the tutorial, to make enough cubits to buy a second character to split duties on gathering and crafting. Only need to get the gatherer to like 15 ish to be very useful gathering.

Then focus on getting crafting high enough to get me some decent tools to use.

Then I can start poking around the universe at will.

4 Likes

I’m considering making a sinkhole base in the middle of a lake or large body of water hopefully on a smallish island over a cave system so with any luck I shouldn’t get neighbours building right next to me. I just need to find the right environment as I like the tropical rain forest ones. A bit of a tall order probably but if I look long enough hopefully I’ll find something that fits my needs :smile:

1 Like

If I ever learn to build well then I will find a way to make home as some sort of combination of the American Indian Reservations I have lived on growing up or worked on as an adult. I’ll do it while listening to the music of some of my old friends. For your enjoyment here is a dear sweet friend who won many awards and was a leader in his nation as well as a great father and inspiration to many. Sadly Jim Boyd walked on a few years ago, but, I am proud to always being able to call him my friend in the past and my friend in the future when I walk on too. In the meantime, he and other friends keep me company with their music. For your pleasure here is my old friend Jim Boyd with Inchelium to keep you company as you await 1.0 and perhaps his many songs can keep you happy as you live, hunt, and build in the future.

Jim Boyd and the Jim Boyd Band - Inchelium

2 Likes