What Keeps You Playing Boundless?

I’m curious as to what keeps people playing boundless. I started playing almost a year ago and even took a short break, but I came back because of a plethora of things. The community, the creativity in builds, the fact that there are still places I haven’t yet seen or explored. I’d love to hear what keeps others playing the game even though we have a relatively small community compared to the bigger name games.

1 Like

To not let anyone takes over my spot if my beacons run out.

8 Likes

hoarding and building storage :smiley:

6 Likes

Mine all mine :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:.

Especially when you found a good spot.

What pulls me back every time is the creativity and the community.
Compared to other games the community most definitely.

When i do take a break I always check the forum atleast once every day…

4 Likes

For me it’s the forum/community. Every time I take a break I always immediately get idea from the forum for builds, and miss the community.:grin:

4 Likes

Im not done building. Still got unfinished builds, still trying to build my first color storage.

4 Likes

I think part of what keeps me playing is building something ( even though it’s just a game) leaves a little sense of accomplishment.
In most other games you’re mostly just shooting other players or doing random quests. In Boundless you pretty much can build your own digital getaway.

5 Likes

For me, it’s creative freedom, complexity, and community. The building is my favorite part of the game even if my builds are terrible. It’s a wonderful place for inspiration, Janus II is where I spend a lot of ingame time. I usually skip tutorials and prefer learning the complexity of games myself, as I quite enjoy not being babied by tutorials or an AI that you wish you could take off your ship (looking at you SAIL). The community is also a very important part of games, it can make or break the experience. Since the game is almost entirely Community-driven, combined with the player base size, You feel like you make an impact on the game.

3 Likes

Family I have made

5 Likes

REGULAR T3-4 HUNTS
I can’t figure out when the hell hunts are anymore and it’s depressing. I’m operating without both ADHD and narcolepsy medication these days, and I know the hunts are hard on one guild to have to keep up with—can we combine guilds and hunt leaders to get a regular same-time-every-day beginner hunt going again?

3 Likes

Agree. Draining from leading a hunt is similar to draining from forging just at a slower pace (/salute to those leaders who do it on a daily basis). I’m only representing EZPZ here but any leader who wants to lead on 11pm EST (or 9pm EST since @Dwarftree is leading once/week ) are welcome to coordinate time with @DJDancecraft , @Dwarftree or @hazard (discord) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I generally enjoy the game. I think it’s better then Minecraft and has so much potential. I get why there busy. The game is still playable. Hell if the server goes offline. I’m still gonna keep my planet :joy: the game is honestly boundless. So you gotta make the game fun for you. There is days where I don’t build and I take a look at how the universe is going. It’s amazing what has come and gone. Sad to see people leave but happy for a new slate for other new players coming in. I just love this game. My only complaint is that we can’t keep the animals and no BOAT :joy:

4 Likes

I do too @KushChapo. The community has also kept me playing and I think the game itself is pretty great too. We do need boats and animal keeping (+ a general water expansion).

1 Like

Hi I’m a cosmic wanderer beaming through the universe & found myself in this boundless world full of possibilities.I one day met a random kind player in arie that took me through there first portal to a planet called lamblis in ps hub.It was really busy of other cosmic beings going in & out of this really busy portal hub full of life.I thought wow this is awesome a planet full of light beings like me :heart: I looked passed the hub & saw some pink trees which caught my starry eyes :dizzy:I ran over and fell in the lava ! :grinning: yep it killed me & I spawned back upon a huge hill not far from the ps hub.Lucky I did because I was standing in beautiful blue grass,.I burnt my little legs but that didn’t stop me finding a place to live.I decided there & then I’m building a huge pyramid & it will be my home forever.So I built my pyramid bit by bit everyday till eventually I built some towers yes of gleam lol :laughing: because I love all glowy, glitzy,blingy, things.i couldn’t help myself and then built more creations here there and everywhere.None of my builds are actually finished 3 years later and now it’s a city COSMICVIBRATIONS :blue_heart: :heart: I’ve met some very kind friends along the way who let me do my thing as I’m a solo player.They say hi to me & often offer me help & if I need anything just to ask.Thats lovely to meet people who are genuine.My favorite thing is to build & use my imagination. I had a few wobbles because I found portals a pain to keep fuelling and left the game for 3 weeks here & there,but I came back because I missed it.Because it’s creative I can express my imagination which I need to do in my life as planet earth you can’t exactly build anything in so boundless is the next best thing.Luckily my friend senshero who owns angel 1 ,has a corruption farm t4 sovereign in angel 1 hub.So I now farm her /his corruption & sell it in my minter & get coins to fuel my many portals that way, which is better than just farming growth.I get my portals done quicker too.Plus I do solo meteorites now to try & keep them running somedays.So for me I play boundless cause it fills a void that can’t be filled in earth reality.I have to get my creative fix or I get depressed.lol.I love seeing other people’s creations which also gives me inspiration :heart: to build.I now have 2 sovereigns & love being in charge of what colours I can have on them.I will carry on playing boundless forever I’m sure & if I have a break every now & then I’ll always beam back on.The community are really friendly & they always say hi to me & wave which is nice.I love boundless now I can maintain my portals.Have a happy cosmic day everyone & dream big :sparkling_heart: P.s huge thank-you to Marcel :heartpulse: my favorite best friend for his help here & there & just being kind & sehshero ,guys :heartbeat: from river towns who are always friendly,Marcel​:heartpulse: who gave me loads of money about a year ago now who’s from rainbow hub in lamblis,& shadykatt :heartpulse: who’s always kind :blue_heart:& Host​:sparkling_heart: who’s also kind with Goblinounours :sparkling_heart:who built me a tree portal in raxxian sanctuary city.:heart: Tmmk who owns Terra Nova great guy :sparkling_heart: & cookie :heart: who gave me gleam.Georgio who made me a portal in alder Tower of Power.:heart:A kind Guy from calandra in bitula :purple_heart: & Kind Guy who owns EZPZ hub​:heartpulse: I know a .few more but don’t know names.p.s my new favourite thing I like to do now is gather plants like trumpet root & Travellers perch spineback etc from my two new t6 burn sovereigns,& go round other sovereigns getting stuff.By the way on my t6 starlight beings of love t6 sovereign from tnt hub I have a brand new gleam called DEEP LAVENDER ,its new on boundless so whizz by & fill ya booties.p.s decided to not have friendships as someone i met got a bit obsessed with me now im back to being a free spirit finally.I still admire there creations but those type of people i cant have friendships with as i found out.If i met people that are free spirits like myself that would be ok as they would understand about having your own space and wouldnt get annoyed with me because they need my attention etc.I love being a solo player with no expectations put upon me.I like to be my own leader builder and creator.Im hapoy to say hello to people for about ten mins but do exspect me to beam back to my fantasy world after our chit chat.For me less stress the better & in games i prefer to be solo but still love to see people on my travels i usually wave and wish them a happy cosmic day.

9 Likes

Exploration!

I made myself a fairly simple workshop recently (more storage space really),
and have eschewed ever trying to build anything big.

Sometimes, I just stack up blocks in bizarre shapes for the wild fun of it. Knowing that
no-one will probably ever even see it.

Mostly, all I do is roam around, and explore others builds. I spent so much time trying to build something kewl, ashing, starting again, ashing, starting again. That I never took time just to explore it all.

I also like to leave my toon hanging somewhere weird (while AFK), and see if anyone finds me. (almost never).

Sometimes I shoot annoying creatures for being annoying. Especially spitters. Whacking high level hoppers with a hammer is hilarious.

But, yeah. Exploration.

Some peoples work is simply breathtaking. I even love finding humble little dwellings tucked away out of sight. The inventiveness and detail that goes into some peoples work is really amazing. Encountering half ashed builds is achingly beautiful sometimes. Finding old favorites gone is harsh. But the feeling of wandering around and discovering “lost” cities and treasures is wonderful.

I have of late been toying with spelling my name out with plots. So that it is visible in builder mode from nearby planets. Not trolling just fun. There is so much empty space out there now.

Also, I love jumping from high places and grappling the ground at the very last second.

Small things and small minds, eh?

PS: I also became Viceroy of a planet just for the Steam badge :blush:

6 Likes

The peoples. best community and friends anywhere

6 Likes

Thanks for the liquid breaker. Nice to have a source of forged tools near at hand. Grabbed several AoE tools.
The speed of the topaz ones, whew. Even with the feat and pie, I broke several very fast. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

There is a cozy place on Raxxa that I found early on. It was still there last time I looked. It’s called The Crow’s Nest. Waterfall leads up to a small sky island, with a modest cottage, a dock and airship.

3 Likes

I still havn’t check out Raxxa. I have been meaning to. But there are so many ways to get sidetracked if you just wander. I only just finished checking out most of Angel 1, and I had my main home there for a fair while. Lol.

1 Like

The community is the huge one. :slight_smile: I’ve made some true friends here in this game the last few years, some of the finest people I’ve ever met, and who have helped me through some real rough times in life. A number also who, where I haven’t talked to them quite as much, are still obviously awesome people and love seeing what they have to say here and on social media - I see how so many of us have stuff in common too. I was about to step away from the game finally a bit back but the feedback I got about my hub and how much it meant to people made me decide to try to keep it going as long as possible.

The game itself too of course, is very addictive and beautiful! The gameplay loop really relaxes me - I only build in bursts when I have inspiration, I’m more into collecting/mining/hunting, and participation in the economy with the products. I can chill for hours at a time with that sometimes. Rolling new rentals to explore and collect on quite the hook as well!

7 Likes