What Keeps You Playing Boundless?

I’m curious as to what keeps people playing boundless. I started playing almost a year ago and even took a short break, but I came back because of a plethora of things. The community, the creativity in builds, the fact that there are still places I haven’t yet seen or explored. I’d love to hear what keeps others playing the game even though we have a relatively small community compared to the bigger name games.

To not let anyone takes over my spot if my beacons run out.

6 Likes

hoarding and building storage :smiley:

4 Likes

Boundless is very special as a game, but the first thing I mention HAS to be the community. It is what has set it apart from other games I have loved in the past and made it incredibly special to me. I’ve made a few friends here as good as any I have IRL, and who have helped me through some real rough times (Aenea was one :cry: ).

As a game it is such an incredible escape and hits a lot of buttons for me - exploration, collecting, creating. Wonderful to just zone out with, or occasionally challenge myself on things. I played endless hours of Minecraft building little beyond cobblestone castles and endless tunnels underground. Boundless inspired me to try to learn to do more.

Favorite games can be truly healing - to be completely honest, I’m not sure I wouldn’t break if I didn’t have the escape of games like Boundless as something to aid my mind through the coming months. Well, I still might break but being able to play makes it a little less likely I guess. :wink:

12 Likes

Mine all mine :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:.

Especially when you found a good spot.

What pulls me back every time is the creativity and the community.
Compared to other games the community most definitely.

When i do take a break I always check the forum atleast once every day…

2 Likes

For me it’s the forum/community. Every time I take a break I always immediately get idea from the forum for builds, and miss the community.:grin:

3 Likes

Im not done building. Still got unfinished builds, still trying to build my first color storage.

3 Likes

I think part of what keeps me playing is building something ( even though it’s just a game) leaves a little sense of accomplishment.
In most other games you’re mostly just shooting other players or doing random quests. In Boundless you pretty much can build your own digital getaway.

2 Likes

For me, it’s creative freedom, complexity, and community. The building is my favorite part of the game even if my builds are terrible. It’s a wonderful place for inspiration, Janus II is where I spend a lot of ingame time. I usually skip tutorials and prefer learning the complexity of games myself, as I quite enjoy not being babied by tutorials or an AI that you wish you could take off your ship (looking at you SAIL). The community is also a very important part of games, it can make or break the experience. Since the game is almost entirely Community-driven, combined with the player base size, You feel like you make an impact on the game.

2 Likes

Family I have made

3 Likes