What weathers did you get on your sovereign/creative world?

What weathers did you get on your sovereign/creative world, and why do you think you got them?

I’ve ordered 3 worlds, by now.
The first 2 worlds are online.
I tried to get worlds with as little rain as possible and no snowfalls.
I failed twice.

My first world, I thought “eh, 1 or 2 icy biomes in a total of 33 biomes should be cool”.
It was snowing waaaay too often, and raining even more.

Ok.
Second world, I avoided every biome that had words like “swamp”, “jungle” or things that could make me think of rain. Took 0 icy biome.
BUT I did take 2 mountain biome out of 12 biomes. Thought that was ok, and I wanna build on mountain-cliffs. I’m now thinking these are the cause of snow too because I still got SO MUCH snow, it was snowing every few minutes, it so annoying. So, back to the drawing board!

My third world, my first sovereign world, I took no mountain biomes. I hope when it’s online, I won’t be greeted with snowfalls.

What about you? Did you find out how to get a specific weather, like the rose petals? Did you manage to avoid one specific weather effect? How?

Well what ive noticed from perm worlds is that lower tier planets tend To have more weather effect.

Good question tough.

If t4 and up are the same… Ive always had minimal rain / snow on higher tier planets… Prolly cause of the athmosphere?

I’m not sure what it’s worth, but the T4 metal world I got, Vortia, has occasional rain storms. I haven’t seen snow yet. I chose the no rivers base map. Don’t remember the biome selections at this point. I find it amusing though when I’m running by the lava lakes and it happens to start raining.

Im gonna see if i have same results… As i too did pick no rivers and i have t4 world… Although its lush…I picked Pretty much forest biomes

Yeah I think mountains generate snow too, even if they dont have ice on them. The mountain on angel 1 that I’m building on snows a lot, but it has grass on top not ice.

And chill planets snow always

It would be cool if when our planets were generated/submitted that we got a confirmation email stating what biomes we chose/were generated.

It would be good to know if mountains generate the snow even with zero ice/chill based biomes.

If anyone wants to see what it looks like(biomes speaking), Vortia is accessible from Imdarri I think. I am pretty sure I have it open up for anyone to access (plot/mine/etc). Perhaps we can find common biomes that might be triggering the effects.

Rain snow and it is cold lol

I have a lv.3 Lush Creative with a Chill atmosphere…

I explored the entire planet while placing location markers at favorite spots, and out of maybe that entire hour of activity I encountered a single minute’s worth of snow.

Did you remember what kind of biomes you took? No mountain biomes?

Water Forest, Peat Swamp, Deep Sea, Bog, Sheltered Lakes, Ocean, Supported Hills, Jungle Cliffs, Lake Hills, Fooks World, Surface Caves, Sea Trench, Floating Island Paradise, Alien Inselberg… I’m probably forgetting one or two here… And the standard river pattern as well…

At any rate, the planet has very few super-large landmasses - everything tends to get broken up by little streams before it travels on for too long - and there’s a lot of… verticality? There are lots of places where it rises abruptly and the land kinda spirals off into the air before coming back down again in time to reach the next coastline.

Almost no precipitation. In fact, that “minute” of snow was the ONLY precipitation that I saw - I didn’t witness a drop of rain while mapping the entire planet. While I never chose any explicitly cold biomes, I’ve got some patches of snow and ice among the taller and wider peaks on some of the biggest landmasses. I was cruising by one of those when I witnessed the brief snowfall.

Tier3 with chill?.
I thought you cannot pick that.

Maybe he meant chill light profile? On Creative, you can take all of these.

2 Likes

Oh ye! Totally missed the creative part.

Yep. My atmosphere, my colors, my biomes. I just picked T3 so it would be on the level with most of the heavily populated worlds but I wouldn’t need a forged gem hammer to remove a misplaced block in my build.

The problem now is that I switched from a desktop PC to a tablet and I hadn’t played Boundless in so long that I didn’t realize how much computing power it required. So I’m just staring at the scenery for a week until my new computer arrives.

BUT THEN… Screenshots.