Whats happened to Aquatopia Sunken Mall

What’s going on with Sunken Mall? Seemed like a great idea, but loads of empty shops and made zero footfall and sales this month?

We just need more bigad’s I’ve been away a month out two so I could not advertise it enough hope to do that soon though for the rest we hope to be there forever so we got times think game can only handle 2malls atm maybe need more players :slightly_smiling_face: I also want players to come on there own so no crazy. Rewards

4 Likes

I love the place, the transit system is awesome, the golden trains are a great touch but just don’t get any sales/visitors and ended up moving a lot of stock to my other shops as wasn’t selling. Hopefully things will pick up once you get the word out again.

2 Likes

I check if there payouts delayed aswell
Before my absence due to work I was trying to build out the town to have some people around hope to resume work soon

1 Like

I checked the beacon and it’s at Zero footfall, I never take the coin, but as far as I’m aware I’ve only had one payment since joining and I was one of the first I believe?

@xaldafax any idea?

Need find something so people be interested atm they all go where everybody is not much to do about it the game doesn’t offer something to make advantage over other malls but I’ll make it work for sure just gotta keep believing and dreaming lol

1 Like

Yeah I get that, we need more players in game full stop. It’s not just your mall. I have one at Legendville too and that hasn’t made a penny ff since I opened my shop. Only shop that does really well is my Gyosha one.

2 Likes

Payments have gone out each month on usually the last weekend. October went out a few days after halloween. Footfall went up last might from the month before. But, there were some shops that didn’t have anything so it could have been that. There was a drop in overall players and that could have an effect.

As I’ve mentioned to @the-moebius before people can PM me directly their shop number and I can let you know what I found, etc.

I joined months ago and I’ve definitley only ever had one footfall payment… that I know of.
I’m not too fussed. I love sunken city for it’s originality… the trainstation etc, great place!

2 Likes

I do not track when a person “took over the shop” but I do track what was sent on a monthly basis. That shop has received payments for the past 2 months. So the only way you were paid once was if you started in October which means then you would have only been able to get 1. Otherwise you would have received 2. The September payment was small because the shop was new.

I remember a notification for just one just after I joined. I haven’t had anything since that I’ve noticed but perhaps I just missed the notification!

Again, I don’t mind it was probably just that I missed the notification. I love the place!!

Yeah the notification system doesn’t help at all in this situation not to mention that I did it on 11/2 I think instead of end of month. People can always go to the guild book and see what they were reimbursed.

5 Likes

thx xalda you da best
the notifications def dont work well i stop using the chat log completly just regular ingame chat and thats it
i need stop doing real life work and work on oortchicken park instead
all the visitors we get
gonna get hungry after to much minigames and gonna then stroll around the mall i hope :thinking:

2 Likes

I do hope we get a QoL update where the chat system is overhauled. It’s really my only complaint in this whole game… BUT I have patience and I know it will come eventually. :blush:

I think it comes from a level of importance. There are so many things we want the Devs to work on… (and I know there must be a huge update in the works… ahem…HUNTER cough…)and there are only so many hours in the day/people to do it. Yet, missed messages lead to misunderstandings, which sometimes leads to drama and eventually, retaliation. Or, it just makes communication really difficult.

4 Likes

I just opened a mall location this month, but I have hit the collect a few times on the beacon only a couple hundred coins each. I kinda have a slight advantage though since that mall location connects to my large store, which has a few portals. My plan is to expand the offering of foods with the mall stall, plus double as a mall level enterance to the store.

Something I have come to appreciate about the fine aquatopians is things don’t always happen fast, but they never stop moving forward. I love the sunken mall too. My main efforts have been going into working on other projects, but I am happy that my main store is here.

2 Likes

Didn’t even know this place exsisted

1 Like

As @Trickyy90 said I’ve only had one notification in Sept but nothing in October. I’m sure it’s just the notification system and its not a big deal, Im more disappointed that the Mall isn’t doing as well as it should, the setting is awesome, the idea is sound, we just need more players.

1 Like

There just isn’t enough players. I was at that location not long ago and was the only person on the planet. Every time I bring this up I am told that adding new content and a marketing campaign will fix everything. Then football will be back to its old self. :roll_eyes:

I would look at other methods of earning money rather that relying on changes and advertising.

Love the game and its potential, but we are still no closer to some of the bigger updates cough huntress cough that we had expected to see a long while ago.

I would work round the issues rather than rely on a change to resolve them all. No doubt they will change, but only in time…and maybe quite a lot of it