What's the background story of Beckon?

I bought the game late a few weeks after release date, I’ve been noticing beckon more especially more when Omnishop came back, so what’s the story with beckon, it looks really built up and yet the population at the city looks dead especially compared to Finata Ultima hq hub? Any information about this would be greatly appreciated .

2 Likes

TL;DR the biggest city prewipe was Aquatopia, people wanted to rebuild it bigger and better, Aqua Embassy was born early on, but it never reached the pinnacle that it once held and most of the players there have gone fairly dormant

If you want a really detailed history you’ll need to ask @the-moebius

4 Likes

I wish someone could post a history of the game worlds, I play the game 24-7 and would find that amazing to read as the time goes on

1 Like

Here here, great oortians we must gather around @the-moebius for a historical retelling of the great origin!

3 Likes

Yeah yeah. History, Stories, Legends and all that. I’m only here for the Free Pizza.

1 Like

Hey guys, jiro said he was buying the pizza! Woot woot

If I’m buy it, it isn’t free. Will cost me $16, and I’ll be charging $5 per slice.

If we get a new planet spawn in, we should document it’s exploration. Go full RP Style, like people do with Eve Online:

1 Like

Oh thought you meant free for everyone else :slight_smile:

This is probably the best I can do to sum up Aquatopia.

The thing is aqua accepts anyone. It is a melting pot of builderz. That’s good. After wipe, many came to Beckon to help rebuild and be a part of the great empire. Many of those were not as invested into the idea of Aquatopia or even Boundless, and many have stopped playing. The city in beckon is just an embassy. The actual Aquatopia is still being meticulously pre-drafted and organized. The embassy is still quite active, but the “leaders” of the town, if you will, are all into casual play and quite frankly don’t stress about it. That’s kinda the heart of Aquatopia, just good vibes. So it will be “complete” when its complete. It has history and it will just kinda always be around.

9 Likes

City motto:

“Beckon - a place to build when you get good and ready!”

Lol fellow slackers :heart:

1 Like

Just needs more CBD shops.

4 Likes

The story of Beckon. Ahh my grand pappy used to tell me all about this wonderful planet. Back in his day apparently some settlers found the planet through a portal, as they went through there was a lone man standing on the other side. As they saw him he waved them over. This was referred to as a Beckon. And as they tried to think of a name, they thought about what stood out most to them about the planet, and with fond thoughts on their gracious welcome and being shown around by the kind gentlemen, they decided to honor him with his actions. And Beckon was born.

No BS answer: Beckon was the home planet for Aquatopia Hub, but it was mostly a playground for builders until Aquatopia gets their backer planet. Which will be the link between Beckon and Finata directly to it.

1 Like

its explained here if ya read from top off post

the embassy was founded as a temporary settlement (until dev’s launch the oortians public worlds) to have a place to level up until we start building aquatopia it kinda exploded into a massive place
we had no rulez and regulations in the embassy for moment we do have voted on a official main road design but implementing this into a city with zero regulations is kinda insane lool
but dont worry we might be a little dormant but we come back strong
we also work together with @Hashmalash who worked his butt off with many others to create the aquarius network
wich is also the name off the planet the aquatopians are waiting for
at the moment i keep myself busy with a aquatopian gametown and the temple del universum ( public location library) all at the aquatopian information center at the embassy hub

whats you seeing in the embassy is sorta like the city therkamarket in EA but thats another story :smile:

ow and what creegle says our main rule was always no rushing and having fun :grin:

i think you be suprised how many players will pop up once we start our city :muscle:

i guess aquatopians build big embassy’s lool

also the release off game came with a big hype
i think its for the good the embassy calmed down
takes out the people with big plans that disapears and the real lovers off the game remain to do something epic :wink:

3 Likes