What's your opinion on settlements identity mechanics?

So i was reading the notes of the guild update again and figured out that borg-ing is still possible.

Sure they need more plots but that’s not an impossible wall.

guilds were meant to solve the identity complaint of the result of borging but the action of takeovers can still
happen. Why is that still a part of the game when that kind of action can push players out of the game? Saw it happen once and it almost pushed player out but everyone does have a limit to what they can take from ‘pvp’ actions in a currently pve centered game.

I am curious what everyones thoughts are about borging still being possible?

Respond civily, if no one cares to be civil then i will request to close this topic…i didn’t come here to argue.

Borging? Force merge I’d take it. Well sure they can “take” over the big city but your beacons can still keep their city identity. The one guild I’m in we all have our beacons aligned to the guild so if someone plotted near us 1 it would take a few million prestige to take over our city but we still would have our city name just not the city name that includes that guy as well. So our rank would just be in 1 position different on the planet city leaderboard.

1 Like

So I guess the real only problem would be if he plot blocked otherwise it would still be fine?

Cant box players in as it’s against CoC. If you’re planning a build then plot as much as you need and no one can take it.

1 Like

There are many people that enjoy the ability to create settlements, but at the same time many of us do not like the competition and situations that arise in this game from mechanics of prestige and settlements being taken over -mayor, etc. Unfortunately, the developers do like the dynamic as it stands right now and the guild update with settlements that can be separated is a good compromise. That doesn’t mean in the future we influence the devs to remove and change things but at this point we haven’t been able to.

The only problem i have right now is seeing the settlement name in huge letters when i enter a different settlement. A bunch of different guilds in one area can get annoying. Especially since certain intersections become limited until the settlement name goes away

1 Like

I can only speak for myself, but I don’t mind the mechanics at all. Someone wants to try to take over newbieville here, bring it. :rofl: I really don’t care who is warden and what the whole area is even called really (my own area and beacon will keep it’s name is my understanding, that’s all I care about), and all you’re going to do help get the settlement higher up the chart, so thanks.

I just don’t understand why anybody would want to spend their time “taking over” somewhere that wasn’t welcoming them in a game like this? Seems odd. So, congrats, after all that work and time, now you’re tin-pot dictator of a settlement of disgruntled Oortians. Now what? Build a monument to yourself in the center of town to troll them a bit more? Were the lulz really worth all that? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Agreed. I think it shouldn’t have been changed in the first place.

1 Like

The more prestige a settlement has the more you get for footfall. So one reason to merge with another settlement is to get more footfall per player. The second is also related to prestige. It is important for some players to have the capital of the planet so the more prestige, then the higher the settlement is on the rankings.

These players really do not care what the other players think or they would not have merged without some discussion before hand.

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense, I wasn’t thinking about the footfall, thanks! Still, even if it makes financial sense, couldn’t imagine wanting to put myself somewhere where my neighbors resented me, with a game like this where cooperation is so important. You have some coin, you’ve got a title, but then nobody wants anything to do with you otherwise… not too much fun there, but I guess for those types, yeah, they don’t care about that.

1 Like

I would agree with you, but apparently there are players that play that way or the forums would not have all the complaints about this behavior.

2 Likes

The way I see it, if a town were to try to consume me, I’m the kind of person who wouldn’t let it bug me, but I don’t exactly stop in my building either, so they’d have a long term problem of being consumed. lol

That being said, it’s still not exactly a pleasant experience when people purposely try and take over a world like that and I do think the mechanics could use some tweaking as I’m pretty sure there are a number of people who have probably left the game from it.

3 Likes