What's your price?

Usually I determine my values based on the lowest averages I see; averages I’d be willing to pay myself for certain items.

At the moment though, I’m underpricing most things at my shop however, because:

• It mostly pays for what I want to buy if I sell some of it.
  • It gets shifted quickly.
  • I won’t use all of it; some of it is extra stock I’m not using, which I can let go;
  • For example, I have for sale some titanium furnaces that are cheaper than averages I see, because I already have 5 of them and I don’t really use them all the time, so these 5, if they sell, great, because I wasn’t using them. If they don’t, I can still use them if I decided to.

I’ve never had more than 45k of coin on me at any one time, but I have probably spent around 200-250k in total over the last month and a bit. As long as I’m selling enough stuff to buy what I want, I’m content.

The only caveat is that I won’t underprice certain items because they already have a low base worth, where a 1c is a reasonable difference in price, since there are no fractions of coin (not suggesting there should be).

Id say i have ‘average’ prices… most things are cheaper than average, but things im low on stock are higher, or things im using and dont really want to sell are overpriced. It always varies depending on what i feel like gathering, what im using, how much stock, others prices, and how popular things are etc. Constantly adjusting things.

100-125 for an iron hammer is about right. Copper goes for about 85.

1 Like

I have iron tools at 89c and they hardly ever sell. Just stopped stocking copper (except chisels), selling 1 a week at 59c isnt worth the time.

I look at market average (as best as I can determine…), put up for sale at 10% or 15% lower than this, then just keep lowering prices till they sell.
Some coin is better than no coin.
Lot of other factors that can help sell though…no use having the cheapest prices if nobody ever visits you.

Maybe reference this, and use it to figure out for yourself what something is worth.

After the game has been out a while and there is a lot of experience around, iron is one of those things only new players buy. Worth having around on stand with normal yams and other early easy ingredients for cheap,like 49c. Cost me about 2c to make an iron hammer or less, without mass crafting.

I think a huge misconception is that this game always has had a great economy. This is not Sim City. This game is designed for everyone to enjoy building stuff. That’s the main meta. A resemblance of an economy exist solely because not everyone wants to craft, and some of the crafters do not like to get their own goods sometimes. Also there are some pretty good forge masters that are consistent, and some people do not want to labor over a forge.

This is not a economy game. There are only so many items in the game. Most of which can be obtained by anyone. However there is full reason to have shops. People eventually need stuff. At first everyone jumped into the idea of having the best shop in the game. But there can only be so many shops. So the convenient ones, and best stocked and best priced ones will be the ones that stand out.

In this economy one needs to know what the crafters are burning through most. But at some point everyone needs to go outside and gather and hunt and play the game.The shops are only there for convenience.

This is my perception of this type of game.

3 Likes

Used to sell Iron at 80c, nobody ever bought them

At some point though a profit has to be made. While it’s nice to buy them at 60 - 80c , what’s the point in actually making them for a handful of c profit. Folk tend to forget that although Iron is easy to get and wood for sticks is also easy to get etc etc. It does still need to be gained and that takes time and effort.

I think the average price for Iron tools is around the 100c mark which seems fair to be honest.

It’s very easy to make so rather than trying to buy at 10c, why not make them yourself :smiley:

Yup this is a large part of what i feel has muted the economy; dependant newbs with quest reward coin have been replaced by a multitude of alts :hugs:

1 Like

My prices are based on the raw mats prices since i can’t collect everything myself :smiley:

My prices are determined by math. I calculate how much I pay people for resources, costs involved with the combines (spark/heat), factor in a markup and presto. Sometimes I’ll put it lower than I should based on my calculations but it helps me maintain a healthy economy in my town by buying stuff at a reasonable price and selling stuff at a reasonable price as well.

Also, if you need iron tools…I charge 66c for them atm

Taco Land (accessible as the Gellis exit in the Hubbit network or off the Ultima shopping hub)

Whats your price is a good question, which is why i put up the voting booth at the BRGR in ultima shopping district. For those of you who would like to see the world burn*, come drop a token and make a difference!

*ask Alduin about my microwave, it cooks 1hub worth of glass in like 30mins :yum:

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I’d like to add that I have run a fairly successful shop over the past few weeks, selling gear and resources at sustainable prices. I do spend five or more hours per day grinding so I can get a lot of stock when I really dig in. I would say I charge about half of the market values I have seen, and I wouldn’t sell an iron hammer for more than 25c. It’s just too easy to make. I can even justify standard workbench coils at right around 600; 1500 for advanced. I guess my reasoning is that it should be that cheap because by the time someone has the coin to drop on coils running over 5000 apiece, they will already have crafted their own set.

1 Like

Hmm. Where’s your store again? lol

-302N, 2204E cephonex merica. Just head West after portal seekers, it’s called Little 'Merika Discounts. However, I can’t guarantee too much for the next few days as I’ve been building and reorganizing pretty much every aspect of my game.

1 Like

This is very easy to answer!

Example Product (Iron Heavy Hammer)

3 Iron Bars
3Iron Ore (24) + Fuel (3)

4 Sticks
1Wood Trunk (10)

1 Sackcloth
2 Fibrous leaves(30) + Extractor Wear(2)

1 Glue
1sap(20) +1bone(6) + fuel(1)

96c is Break Even Cost now we need a mark up (20-30%) Depending on demand of the item…

So the end result is 125-150 being the logical price of an Iron Hammer…

Bien à sorissi Québec :upside_down_face::wink:prix juste et beaucoup de choix

25c for an iron tool? That’s not even breakeven market price. But I guess the ore we mine is free…

1 Like

IMO… demand, availability, and your exposure to customers dictates what sells in any market. This market is dynamic because there is not a steady stream of new players. Players advance and require little or less starter items… or just make it themselves.

Also IMO the shops that stay current with the player demands in the game will be more successful as long as the prices are appealing.

Resources are very abundant right now. Honestly doesn’t take long to gather mats and most people are into gem tools/weapons and forging.

Yep that’s what I’ve come up with. I tend to list Iron tools at 120c and sell a few every other week or so

1 Like