Where can I find Oort Stones/Shards?

I’m based on Therka and want to try and create a portal. Can anyone recommend the best place to find Oort stones/shards

1 Like

Oort Stones are dropped by high tier cuttletrunks and spitters on difficult planets like Munteen or Nasharil. Oort Shards are crafted from Oort Stones via extractor.

1 Like

also dropped by road runners on home planets. There was a bug where they were scared far too early, not sure if that was fixed :thinking:

1 Like

Yes indeed. I forgot Oort Birds. :grinning: and indeed sth wring with their behavior lately. I’ve been away last 5 days so I don’t know if it’s still the case.

I saw them running away when I was some 15 blocks away creeping. Haven’t got one for ages.

1 Like

So it looks like I am going to have to do some serious grinding to accumulate extra skill points to go hunting - invested most of mine on crafting so far - I’m dead from just one hit from the creatures on munteen :cry:

2 Likes

You can also go shopping. Shards go for some 7-10 per piece. I combined shopping with hunting since mobs on high tier planets got stronger. And I hunt with at least one person as hunting alone even with good skills takes too much time and uses your slings fast.

Watch the hunting events on forums. Going for a ride with 10+ players makes it easy.

2 Likes

The other option would be to find some at a shop, or to contract a higher level player to gather some for you. Official contracts aren’t in the game yet so you’d just have to ask nicely or make a new forum thread for the contract.
Offer coin, coal or ore in return. There are many people who would be happy to help, and collaboration is the whole point of the game!

I have a few oortshards leftover (about 100 or so) that I could trade with you. I’m looking for clay/peaty soil, gnarled grass seeds in Therka colour, or coal. If you have any of those then we could sort something out? :smiley:
100 oortshard would let you open a portal and fuel it for two days. It’s a small start, but it would give you plenty of time to find more fuel!

1 Like

Thanks, I will keep an eye out for the hunting trips … can you recommend any good markets that I can get to from Therka as all the ones I’ve seen seem to have very little choice or ridiculously high prices

1 Like

Omni Shop on Munteen is probably best option.
Can’t give you portal directions though. I hv his shop in my locations and jump there through Sanctum.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: …I’m at work at the moment but I’m sure I’ve got or can get those items relatively easily for you … I’ll respond later when I get home to check what I have

1 Like

Thanks, I think I’ll be able to find it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Omni shop is all out of oortstone and shards. Omni’s taking a break from the game so it hasn’t been stocked up in a while :frowning:

1 Like

you can also found shard @DoomsdayKnight shop :slight_smile: for this you take the portal to the hub in the plazza and then you go rigth front of you (will be on karokendo’s hub)

i’ve try to make a path for you please forgive the quality

2 Likes

dont forget to activate subtitle ^^

1 Like

Cool :blush: … I’ll pay the shop a visit tonight … thanks for that

1 Like

I got some for sale in Elopor tooo in case they run out. Just outside Swproozel’s hub Portal.

1 Like

I think I met you in game the other day :slight_smile: I was checking out some of the portals at the hub

1 Like

Could be :stuck_out_tongue: I’m all over the place XD I am usually in my settlement in Black light in Berlyn but I keep my self to my server planets. I run into lost of players hope to see you around! My store in Elopor has a portal straight to me in case you wanna visit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks I will :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yo guys I just made a portal and I thought adding 3 more oort shards would add more time but it deleted my portal😣