Which food types give buffs that replaces the teaching pie +xp buff?

I had eaten a teaching pie and was mining and crafting away. Then when I hit low max energy I ate a earthyam stew to quickly regenerate the max energy. However that seemed to replace the teaching pies xp buff with the earthyams well fed 2 buff. I think! Im not 100% sure though. I have now eaten a second teaching pie and have only used half of the buff and am in need of restoring my max energy. I dont dare eat food now in fear of having the xp buff replaced.

Is it correct that the xp buff can be replaced by other food buffs? If true this feels like a dysfunctional feature to me (I dont think xp buff should ever be replaced, except perhaps by another stronger xp buff). But if true, is there a way to know which foods replace the xp buff?

Thank you in advance and I apologize in advance if I have misunderstood it! I just dont dare test it out in case I lose this xp buff as well.

What I do is eat pie, and when I run like 500 energy low, I eat Cooked prime meat. That does not give buff and gives 500 energy back.

1 Like

ok thank you! So it is true that some foods replaces the xp buff? that sucks. But ok, so cooked meat, prime meat does not remove the xp buff. I guess cooked earthyam and starberry also works like this? So only these “low” type of foods can be used while having the xp buff.

Yeah, if you eat food that gives buffs it will override the previous one, no matter rank of buff.

And pretty sure cooked eartyam works too, but if it gives rank 1 buff, then no.

1 Like

You can eat cooked meat, cooked prime or lean meat, or also cooked berries and yams without removing your other food buff.

2 Likes

The second food buff you take will replace the first buff you have.
In this case you have 2 option to get energy back and still have buff.

1. take some basic cook food (without buff)
2. use the forge bomb with energy category effect, that can fill your energy bar as well.

1 Like

This method no longer works as of about 3 major patches ago. “you cannot eat bombs” so while it will fill the existing energy amount, but it will not “fill you hunger” like it used too.

But yes the teaching buff is a food buff, and as one it can be replaced by any other food buff. In order to not replace it (and fill your hunger amount) you must eat any food which does not grant a food buff (raw or cooked).

Oh really i will check how regen bomb work in current patch.
Sorry about the wrong info.

1 Like

No problems, it does still “refill” your depleted energy instantly, but it can’t fill up the “lost bar” due to the hunger mechanic. I just was hoping to clear confusion is all. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like