Who is @nature?... It was Jeff! (I meant the sign was Jeff, not that @nature is Jeff 😂)

I dunno, I thought the “Royal Gleam Protection” thing was kinda funny. And I don’t think you can go from just that to “deliberately trying to ruin players’ experience” – especially because

…according to which, Nature is playing as intended, no?

5 Likes

IMO it only look good at a picture. In reality it’s a ■■■■ move to claim most of red gleam locations.

2 Likes

A ■■■■ move is still not punishable as griefing, exploiting, cheating, or other standards of typical game moderation. That does not mean however that he is free from repercussions. His standing in the community is clearly quite affected. You may even add him to your own “blacklist” of sorts.

3 Likes

That assumes that the distribution of resources is not broken.
Which, according to James is the case for red gleam right now.

And its not just the names of the Beacons.
He has build an emtpy read gleam spawn in front the Chisel Contest, to let everyone know that he has done it on purpose.

I’m not asking to ban him. I am asking for a fix to red gleam spawns, which should be possible without a world wipe since its a prefab. And I felt the need to give my opinion since a lot of people are trying to downplay it.

Edit:
You have to see this from a new players perspective.
Of course its not that bad if have plenty of red gleam over from past gliches or all colors of the rainbow from the devs.
But new players are completely denied raw red gleam at the moment. The shops don’t sell any, because … its not respawning for some funny reason.

2 Likes

plot twist: @nature is a dev undercover :joy:

7 Likes

I guess I’ll switch my red gleam shop stand for some other colour.

I can appreciate your opinion and your frustration! And I agree that if the devs don’t intend this sort of thing, they should think about modifying resource distributions.

I just want to make the point that, unless we have Nature’s own word as to why he did the beaconing, we can’t assume that he did it out of malice. You can say that he built a gleam-flag plot and gave it a name, but not that he did it to taunt the rest of us. I mean, he may have!

But you can imagine a person who downloads the game and plays it but isn’t on these forums…going only by the information they’re given in-game or on the website/store page, you could imagine them thinking that this is what they’re supposed to do.

5 Likes

life rule #643 Never let things in a game make you mad. There is enough madaning shiz is out there. That being said Nature welcome to my black list!

yours truly @jeffrothelame 

ps. i smell a new alt name!

6 Likes

This is why I cannot wait to get the own hosted version of Boundless.

Then I will setup 6 planets on my own servers and deal with these stupid trolls myself !

(And I will do ‘naming and shaming’ to stop trolls/griefers, that has worked very well on my Minecraft Server.)

5 Likes

@cor-karolis have you seen jeff’s chat screenshots with nature?

Also you may think that nature is not on forums but that can easily be 2nd account or alt char.

And I’m completely sure that this is done out of malice, there is no other explanation given that that player also built red gleam prefab in front of currently most-in-the-spotlight place there is, for which it wouldn’t know the purpose if it haven’t been reading up forums.

I’m always saddened by what some people find to be fun, but on the other hand there are awesome people like @Cookviper who, with their actions, positively outweigh this kind of behavior multiple times, so I’m happy, no fun ruined here :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen jeff’s chat. No, I don’t have proof that this isn’t a malicious act.

But tbh, the response on the forums makes me a lot more uncomfortable than anything Nature has yet done.

2 Likes

Ah, ok, not sure why though? Hope I haven’t said anything to make you uncomfortable :confused:

U sure about the spelling? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Red gleam is ugly noworrys :star_struck:

2 Likes

Wait until 1.0 drops. We’ll see a lot of penises “erecting” all over the place.

1 Like

That we will…that we will :disappointed:

I’ll see swords, lances and poles…
only with b a l l s.

2 Likes

creepers with saddlebags

4 Likes