Who killed the Inorganic Crops?

Don’t use gem tools to harvest a one shot crop and don’t waste speed brews and you will increase your profit margin.

4 Likes

I already need to use 4 brews for my kindling and combustion farms… without it, the time would be double. I can go mining instead, if I want coins… (and way more xp). Why are people bringing the price so low?
If it drops more, I’ll make the Combustion into Spark :smiley:

Regards,

1 Like

Without Speed brews its Double of time you Need 9000 crops an hour thats 18000 Yield to come nearly equal to Mining at the price from 35 c on kindling

1 Like

Yea I don’t use speed brews. Usually AOE wood shovels with speed. 24k seeds of kindling, yes usually take about 2 hrs to plant but hardly anytime to harvest. Say 2.5 hrs a week to do it all harvest/seed. Happy to save the coin. I don’t sell the kindling shred though, personal use.

Side note I hate the combustion, never harvest it but do have a farm for it lol

4 Likes

If its not worth that much then yall need to start selling it on the cheap

3 Likes

Because many Boundless players won’t be happy until everything is

Also some people don’t understand the side effects of undercutting or are otherwise willing to flood the market with stuff which causes other people to post it cheaper.

2 Likes

Do you still have your massive combustion farm? I remember the tour and it was ungodly huge.

1 Like

Yes, thou i wouldn’t say its “Massive” to be honest. Other people have made larger ones durring the time I took my 10 month break, also I started focusing on Kindling which is larger then my combustion farm at this time, and I made a row of it around the world.

5 Likes

Wait a minute…

At less than 10 you can go buy it tax free, why are you complaining if someone else is selling it cheaper than a taxed price you when you can just buy it up and mark it up to a price over 10?

1 Like

They were 15 before! I could always dump them at the request baskets for 15…
If I was making them available for sale at my own shop, for 15, they use to go. Now there is nobody coming…

Regards,

What are the side effects?

Other players may do the same to remain competitive to sell their product. and if they keep undercutting eachother and over again then you will have multiple shops that are now offering their products for below market price, which will then lead to players to believe that those prices are the new normal. and the prices may not return to old normal unless the market drys up.

ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵃʸ ᵈᶦᵉ,ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵃʸ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ˡᶦᵐᵖ, ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵃʸ ˡᵒˢᵉ ᵃ ᵃʳᵐ, ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵃʸ ˡᵒˢᵉ ᵃ ˡᵉᵍ, ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵃʸ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵇᵉᵃᵇˡᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵘᵖ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵒʳⁿᶦⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃⁿ’ᵗ ᶠᶦⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵉᵃᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉᵇᵃˡˡ ᶠᵃˡˡˢ ᵒᵘᵗ.

2 Likes

It’s supply and demand and we have the supply .

4 Likes

I’m not an economist, but it sounds like you’re describing a new market price. If someone adds supply to the market at a lower price and it isn’t sold out to either normal demand or flippers, that means it is, in fact, the new normal price.

Once the supply decreases due to decreased profit, or the demand increases due to lower prices (which could be caused by normal purchases or investment purchases), the price will go back up.

If supply doesn’t get bought out at the lower price, then there wasn’t enough demand to drive the price back up to the old price, which means the old price was wrong.

10 Likes

Nor am I, so anything I say about such things should be taken with a pile of Salt.

1 Like

I see, I thought your “side effects” were going to be something new or unusual, since you were quoting… someone.

Undercutting is a normal part of supply and demand. If someone wants to move goods quickly, they undercut. If the undercut price is actually below market price, then their goods will sell out quickly and the price will go up.

There is always someone willing to wait for a higher market price, and there is always someone wanting to sell quickly. The market goes up and down based on the interactions of those two groups and the corresponding buyers (waiting for a deal and needing to fulfil right away).

Without monopolies, the market price will very rarely be wrong.

2 Likes

The quote was not related to undercutting, you can click on the little down Arrow to see who I was quoting.

It was refering to how most players in this game either want things to be cheap, or in high enough supply so they can just go out and get it for free very easy and everyone should be a winner with no rare items that only the fastest people can get to.

1 Like

The battle is never to be won, as the prize is not possible.

1 Like

The prize will be worth 2 cents if everything keeps going the way they are.

1 Like

Can someone drive down the price of rough oort, please thank you :joy:

14 Likes