Who’re is censored

The movie is about thieving what do u mean

1 Like

The reason I was censored

Anyone here ever read the book “Finnigin’s wake”? It’s almost impossible to get through due to all of the different dialects people speak in it. Like the über apostrophe’d words in the first few posts.

erm, who’re is a regular used word in the southeastern portion of the US.

In fact it’s part of every day vocab, specially round the likes of Dothan, Enterprise, Andalusia, Kinston - all in Alabama.

Well if you compare that tho the rest of the world it’s not a common used word.

For instance I was never taught that could be used. And have never seen anyone else using it so far in my life til today

3 Likes

Odd to me as a northerner. Very uncommon(1:1m) where I’m at. Seems odd to leave one letter out. And when typing it’s actually more key presses :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I understand. I’m just saying for a large chunk of the US, that wields a lot of influence on the rest of the country, it’s a commonly used word. Right or wrong.

Contractions are loved in this area.

1 Like

It’s kinda odd seeing this on the front page of the forums…

Also I’m in the US and never seen this word anywhere went to school north and south eastern seaboard. Anyways no offense this needs closed and removed from listing as it looks like another word all together.

Agree? @majorvex @Stretchious

the usual way of saying or writing “who are. This is not often used in formal writing.

I mean just because people weren’t taught it doesn’t mean it’s not a common word usage for a large population.

I moved it to off-topic (even though it is about the Boundless forums). The post has been seen and has kind of run it’s course, but I’ll leave it open if others want to continue with the conversation.

1 Like

Yea I know how it’s pronounced, but how do you think a kid would say it that doesn’t understand?

?? What about kids that are taught it from day one as being normal nomenclature?

Exposure to different words and ways of life is important and needed. Without the wide range of the internet and learning more about people, I’d still hold views that most of the country consider ‘improper’ but quite common with the area I grew up in.

:man_shrugging:t4: I think I’ll ask my friends/family if they’ve ever used it that are in the souther states. Think I’ve heard it used twice in my life time :sweat_smile: but I’m Midwest state

There’s alot of words that were common in the area I grew up in that I will never use. They are very improper in most of the country and world.

lol, ok? Who’re is as commonly used as ya’ll. but I mean feel free to ask your family.

This is a ridiculous discussion to be having, telling people words arent common, when people from the actual area who hear it used daily are telling you it’s common.

and who’re isn’t improper. just because it resembles a word that is used to describe a woman/man in the ■■■ trade, how is that improper? Are you saying a women/men doing those things are improper?

I’m just going to leave it because you can’t educate or inform people who aren’t open minded. It’s that closed mindedness that really polarizes the world today.

Yes because it’s the people that dont use the word “who’re” that are the issue in the world. Just because we have a different views about it doesn’t mean it makes people not open minded and willing to learn.

… and there it goes. Full course run.