i also find it a bit risky to reclaim big projects before they official ingame
like some doing now
imagine they not what you expected in the end
no reason to reclaim now if renter can kick people out
you can plot it relax when they arrive
so no rush
thats like buying event items in the first week :joy:

3 Likes

Mostly public, unless I were to get completely absorbed in a rental world project. :slight_smile:

Well, I would just not build on a rented planet of it is not mine

1 Like

the difrence is basically when ya tired on public you fuel every few weeks
on rental you keep paying our its gone
will there be an option to bring back ya planet after you stopped renting like offline storage?

1 Like

I’m staying public, still in the middle of many little projects and I don’t know enough about sovereign worlds to say I won’t want one in the future. I do like bumping into people tho. Price and the limits to customizability are a question to even be thinking about renting a world. If I did I wouldn’t move but, probably split my time between Gyosha and whatever world and get even less done because I get attached to places lol. Currently staying 100% public.

1 Like

Yes. :relaxed:

thats good
dev smart people :grin:

2 Likes

Depends on the pricing and what you get. If I think it’s worth while, I’ll be 95% private. 5% public (So I picked 100%, because it’s the closest match).

If I don’t think it’s worth it, I’ll carry on being 0% private, 0% public.

1 Like

I am social awkward on public when players show up in my base… so i probally going with 100% rental world for myself and maybe some peoples…

It would also be interesting to see if they can offer an option to pay a small fee to keep your locked world in glacial storage (offline and innacessible, but not totally lost). So that you could bring it back a year down the line etc

This is no different than any other game. People understand and take these risks if they want. If my guild decides to go full rental there won’t be any fear of the planets disapoofing without prior knowledge and us working together to change ownership or whatever. We are less of a boundless guild at this point and more a friendly gaming community. Even if someone stops playing, they aren’t really gone and are definitely not unreachable.

If we decide to go all out, I’ll be 100% rental and only go to public realms to go in between our rentals. If we decide to wait for a bit, I’ll be about 25% rental and 75% public since most of the resource farming will probably be done with the locations I already have.

5 Likes

Exactly. We just need stretchy to stop breaking things so these can go live already. lol

4 Likes

this (expect sticking with public worlds)
if devs keeping current system then I would keep checking state of play and return if the right colours appear (unless something else has my attention by then ofc).

would keep some bits n bobs on public world but main builds would be on rental.

there still only one owner
imagine just for example this owner is some dictator kinda fella
would he agree someone else has right to pay to keep open our how dev’s would handle this
once you rent is it yours forever and do ya need sign before anyone else takesover
our is it gonna be anyone can keep rent up
lot off questions lol

Are you calling me a dictator?

6 Likes

I’ll be keeping part of my current base in Kindred Bay. Once public worlds release i’ll make a build on my guild’s planet, and later down the line when we get more colors I’ll probably get my own planet to do some huge multilevel wtfiswrongwiththisguy builds.

2 Likes

Thats what I’m saying I don’t have to worry about because of the group I am with. If you don’t have a good crew of close knit people, you are taking a risk. But that is no different than any other games out there. I’ll go out on a limb and say this isn’t most people’s first rodeo, and they know the dangers associated with player owned/rented servers.

3 Likes

I want oxide grey sedimentary rocks. Lol I might have to wait for a long time til that becomes a thing ahahah

2 Likes

Only thing we need to worry about in our group is a certain gleam hoarder.

Not worried at all about if a world has to go dis-a-poof. It would be clearly communicated within the group. For having less than a dozen members our discord is almost never inactive… darn overly chatty people.

The group of people we’ve assembled is why I’d be mostly on private.

7 Likes

As long as she continues to sort my storage when she cleans out my gleam stash, I won’t complain! Heaven knows I won’t sort it myself.

To add, if they develop a beacon transfer system or a blueprint system some time down the road, it may change many people’s minds about building on rentals they don’t own. Gotta take the long view and try to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

4 Likes