Why I’m leaving boundless (DK)

Nope.

Mine was " sorry I have removed your shop"

The rationale was because my shop being there was upsetting the market owner, who I had fallen out with.

2mths later when we resolved the issue, the market owner even apologised as they had “used their friendship” to have me removed.

Ultimately I do understand why she wanted me to move, and I was actually in the process of trying to find a new spot. The net result was going to be the same but it ended up being done in an abrupt, rude and impersonal way.

Really did pee me off.

Credit to James however, the intention was to defuse a situation just the execution and as always communication was appalling

5 Likes

It was plotted BEFORE compactness existed. I agree that there were certainly some large areas left empty, expansion blah blah. However, there’s still many many other places with huge plotted areas such as trung that haven’t had this fate

3 Likes

ok. Thanks for the info. I removed my post since my speculation was off-base.

1 Like

I feel like this is the sort of management you get when the management only shows up to deal with fires…

I guess if you wanted a reply you should have bought a planet and stuck your message in that box on the last page.

James responded to a support issue 41 minutes after it was posted, because the customer is going to just call the credit card company and ask for a refund if they dont help them…

3 Likes

:thinking:

1. A shopping mall isn’t effected by this because the mall-roads and mall-shops collectively make a compact structure. So a mall isn’t abusing this structure. I hope people can see the different here. (If all the shops were removed then the issue could be triggered. However, there will be some flexibility so that malls can be extended with new capacity which by their nature will be sparse.)
1 Like

I’m assuming the majority of the area outlined in red has been removed?

It’s in definite violation to the compactness rules. I’d imagine some of the areas closer to the main bulk of the mall would have been ok as it would have been classed as organic expansion based off the settlement size.

Ample time has definitely been given to resolve compactness issues as well with the devs also offering to help those that needed it at the time. I’m not sure what else was needed.

If there are other players abusing the compactness rules, they should be reported via the in game reporting tool.

12 Likes

It doesn’t seem like compactness was the offense here. It seems like numerous beacons were placed to circumvent the compactness/warning system and it was beginning to encroach/surround other players’ places. We all had to adjust our beacons and plots to come into compliance - they gave us a long time to do it.

8 Likes

Can’t argue that plenty of time hasn’t passed and offers of help given. Or that maybe those plots were ever even going to be used.

I think the only thing that can be seen as not positive is the lack of a polite message or warning that it would happen ( other than a year plus old post) so that the person or people could take action - again assuming that 3 previous requests haven’t been omitted from the post This is also assuming that today wasn’t a day james had to sit down and just purge all the plots like this on every planet - in which case the relatively generic message has to be expected

4 Likes

Even if that is the case, I believe that a dev should have told DK that he can’t do that and give him a few days to fix the problem before pulling the rug out from under DK’s feet.

4 Likes

Seems pretty obvious why that didnt happen… that requires work for which they arent getting paid to do so just use the forum post as a blanket i told you so warning and just reclaim the beacon… and if the player goes off and posts on the forums just mute the thread if they get out of line… problem solved.

Im just curious how long its going to take them to notice this thread and hide it from the rest of the community…

5 Likes

From personal experience the good old split and hide would have happened already if it was going to :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

oohh noo, you noo dk, now if the serious veterans start to leave, my God, the best shopping center, the best offers and a great person are leaving, I’ll have to meditate, first legend now your dk, the best are leaving, now If I think that it will be time to leave the game, although I am a lone wolf I depend a lot on your center, I understand your situation, if I can help you with whatever you want just tell me, if you want I can keep your center until your return, whatever it is I am grateful having met you, you have been a great pillar of this incredible community and we will miss you, I hope you meditate and do not leave, but I understand all the work lost the disappointment you have, I hope everything goes great dk

1 Like

Ha but not host so we aren’t completely dead if he left well
:skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Everyone needs to screenshot as well as post those screenshots on other gaming forums.

Z

1 Like

One person does not a community make…

8 Likes

Wouldn’t there have been big red exclamation marks next to the beacons in the list? That is the definition of a warning.

Sorry to go against the mob here but that map looks like it was supposed to have been removed long ago. Not to say the whole griefer thing isn’t ridiculous, something should have been done about that first. But this particular situation doesn’t seem wrong to me.

And that’s my terrible way of trying to convince DK not to stay mad and leave us :grimacing:

7 Likes

Well as a community I believe everyone has expressed their concerns and support for the OP. We have also expressed our willingness to help. I hope that @DKPuncherello doesn’t leave and will understand fully if he does, but I feel fine with this thread being closed. It will slowly get off-topic as it has already started doing. This community is wonderful, overall the game is great and it’s what keeps me wanting to make it better.

I don’t think this situation was wrong other than a simple failure in communication.

I put in my offer to help with the mall if needed and I will leave it at that. Much love @DKPuncherello

2 Likes

I get that a little communication would have been nice but if this is about the above picture then I think everyone is over reacting.
This clearly brakes the rules and I would be surprised if dk didn’t know it. Sometimes being a piller of a community means following rules becous people will emulate you. If all he lost was mostly empty plots with roads then less of a big deal.
Remember the bitullia bandit got strait up banned DK just lost mostly unused plots.
@DKPuncherello I hope you reconsider and just take a brake

13 Likes

Yes, this is a great example of unfortunate risk of showing double standards to players. DK Mall is indeed a pillar of the community, but that empty grid was a pillar of air and broken rules.

Showing leniency to players with high standing in the community is worse for the devs reputation than this. I mean, they’re being called out for specific instances in this very thread.

6 Likes

The only problem was that I was given no notice. Everyone else I’m aware of was given notice and a chance to fix things.

That and they were there before compactness.

Also the timing is intensely suspect.

I’ve been aware that my roads/moat isn’t great, but it was there long before compactness, and I actually have the plots to fill it all in. Blowing it all up with no notice is pretty yucky.

I put it all in because of the huge griefer problems at the mall (which ultimately caused the prior mall owner to quit boundless). If the devs helped with griefers, none of it would have been necessary to begin with.

9 Likes