Why?

Why can’t you “call” someone out for stealing your hard earned in game “loot”? I find it crazy that someone can join your guild be trusting and friendly for a month so you give them permission on beacons and they can turn around and steal everything but you can’t call them out. Can we have a friend/foe meter or something in game to show good or negative in game actions towards other players?

5 Likes

No because the bigger the scam the harder they will work to get their ‘trust rank’ pushed up before really pulling off their grand plan…

When a character can be deleted in an instant and the rewards kept on another name then trust ratings become tools for deception.

Same for any “name and shame” activity tbh.

2 Likes

Yeah very true. It’s just a shame. People that want to help and do help can be easily taken for in game “stuff” but they can do nothing about it because of the COC. It honestly makes me never want to make a settlement with anyone ever. I do share everything with my dome mates. But if was newish and it happened I’d leave or trust no one every again.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Code of Conduct. lol

It’s a huge joke.

5 Likes

Long live The Dome!!!

1 Like

THE DOME FOR LIFE!!! The dome will always protect you lol

1 Like

You CAN call people out- By reporting with the ingame report function. The forums are not the place for calling people out. That does not solve anything, it just turns the forums into a witch hunting mob and innocent people get caught in the crossfire. If you’re having problems with people griefing you, you should ABSOLUTELY report it.

If the ingame function is too slow, then DM a dev or community manager directly, email wonderstruck, what ever you need to do. Include screen shots and chat logs as much as possible. Present your case, and it will be investigated.

Additionally, there is nothing to stop you from warning other people directly and/or privately of bad players. I’d love to know who is untrustworthy before recruiting somebody to my guild. Just. don’t. do. it. here.

4 Likes

Can the devs truly see who is doing what and where though? Reporting in game from what I’ve seen has a 30-40% of anything maybe happening.

Message @james directly on the forums. From what I’ve noticed the in game reporting function is garbage. They don’t seem to have the man power behind looking into those reports to resolve them in a timely manner. This is just an observation and probably isn’t very accurate.

yes, they can see action logs. Includes blocks placed/destroyed, items placed/removed, beacons set/unset, and literally every measurable action a player can commit.

3 Likes

Defamation, Mob Psychology, People Lie, People forge evidence, and the act of posting someones name in a ill manor is harassment.

And not to mention, Some people will just jump the gun and drag someones name thru the mud before they understand all the facts.

So it is simply better for everyone for us not to start witch hunts of our own. and just allow the devs to handle the situation how they see fit, if the situation needs to be handled.

4 Likes

Oortians Most Wanted, if you do something bad enough then should be put on a watch list. Name as a leader board of scum. If I trust someone and they rob me blind, let them go free and say it’s my fault? Reporting someone for stealing your stuff because you gave them perms in your storage or portals? I don’t feel anything would be done about that and I would be told that’s what the warning is for on beacon permission settings.

I know some guilds keep a “black list” of sorts to track trouble makers and insure they don’t gain access to a guilds items. Still, it’s difficult to track what character belongs to what account, so the process is very unreliable. I prefer to authenticate players through discord and forums before allowing them to join my guild.

2 Likes

I’ll have to tell them to do that so the devs can look into it. But truly if found they did what will happen? Time out? Stern talking to? If can’t name shame need clear cut penalty for your actions or it’s BS.

I mean, perma-bans are possible. Ultimately it’s the dev’s decision.

You are not entitled to the other player getting a „Clear cut“ punishment, that is up to the devs to decide.

And as far as I am concerned, even if the other player is punished you are not entitled to that information either, but that is up to the devs to choose how they want to handle that.

1 Like

d9a3626b503a1670e85e8e83ef44933f0cee920d80dd354c3505d8137dde5eda

5 Likes

Yes it is but shouldn’t there be some kind of punishment for stealing from someone that trusted you? Or rules established for actions of that nature? First time warning second 90 day ban and so on? I mean you can get banned for name shaming can’t you?

IT already happened to us PS at the beginning of the game, and they couldn’t do anything about it. even if they have logs etc. Only thing you have to do is maybe informs players around you, not on the forum.

Nobody has ever been banned for it.
But, don’t strive to be the first either.

1 Like