Why?

Cause we don’t have a CM team that can take over in responding to forum and in game reports.

Outsource the moderators like every other company does. Don’t need to play the game to know right and wrong, shady and a s s hat

2 Likes

As much as I can understand the need to want to do such things (been there myself) publicly it would mean that such things are tolerated which in turn means that bad people like you had to deal with can do the same thing BEFORE you do and put YOU in a bad light. And I know all about that too!

Did you lose much? Need help regaining some?

Thats like saying I can drown people in game over and over and they can’t call me out because its harassment??? I don’t think so. There should be punishments clearly stated for poor behavior in game to make people not do stupid ■■■■.

The fact of calling out a player is more of a warning to other players that this is what they did, so establish trust before giving any perms. We aren’t gonna go grab pitchforks and put them over a fire… Smfh

1 Like

Not devs, but also not players, so WS employees dedicated to acting as a justice system? Ask League of Legends how well that idea worked out. And what about while this justice system is working on finding the truth, meanwhile innocent people may get their reputation ruined, they are subject to further harassment by other players, etc. This stuff does and has happened before when people “call out” like this.
And what’s to stop them from reporting you falsely too? This is not an unlikely possibility, it happens and it has happened here.

It seems like an awfully expensive and ineffective way to handle something that is already handled sufficiently and with far less collateral damage.

This topic. Lol. What a bunch of poo poo.

No it didn’t happen to me thankfully. Just happened to a guild I know. 5 finger discounted and ran. I live in my dome and trust 2% of people lmao. It’s just weird to me no outside moderators. Devs on 8-12 hrs. What happens to the rest of us you play when they are not on? We wait and pray they see it, do something?

1 Like

I am done talking about this with you. It’s derailed this thread and it’s going absolutely no where.

I will always 100% disagree with you on this. I am just going to leave at that.

2 Likes

If you do it on a public forum, Yes it is harassment.

That is for the Devs/GMs to execute, not the player base, and therefore you are not allowed to call someone out as that is also trying to take matters into your own hands and punish them yourself by publicly naming them, not to mention, it is harassment and can be defamation in some cases.

Players are not given any authority over other players.

They really should add the name of the main character under any alt name, this will at least show you who you are dealing with even on Steam…

5 Likes

You can’t name shame me for drowning you!!! Oh wait did i just tell on myself…

2 Likes

Im kinda same as you. I usually dont even align my beacons for guilds just cause the possibility of stealing.
This has been “issue” long time… we had town in EA “ynys affallon” that had community storage and workshop… magically items started to dissapear but no one rly said they took anything so we just restricted the access. No can do

Ehh, I hate to break it to you but this sorta stuff already happened a few months back…

But yeah, having it happen more often would not be a good idea…

1 Like

Its not handled sufficiently and that’s the problem/point that’s trying to be made here! I was griefed by a player who blocked me in and I reported them and guess what happened??? NOTHING! I ended up moving entire base and shop because nothing was done.

Fine, you’re free to disagree. But for everybody else’s sake, I’ll absolutely explain why things are done the way they are, every time the topic comes up, regardless of who asks.

You can call this behavior out -to the devs- and there is punishment for it, but it’s not for the player base to decide. There are systems in place for this. Use the system, don’t create more chaos.

Bio Dome citizens in peril…?

4 Likes

Ohh NO one getting to use!!!

Just make it a DM to a dev. No reason to make it public if your goal is just to get it put before the right people. Don’t strive to subvert the system with sneaky “not my fault people figured it out” bs.

the moral of the story is the human race isn’t pretty, there are great people out there but you cant be overly trusting and its sad that this sort of thing happens that’s why Eve Online is such a successful game it encourages this type of behavior which tbh is just instinctual for a large subset of the population, especially in an online environment where there are no real life consequences. I am sorry that this happened to whomever it happened to and I implore the community to stand strong its a beautiful game with a vibrant wonderful playerbase for the most part.

I feel like a broken record here but like I said… I did report it and nothing was done. The troll left after the fact, probably to go troll elsewhere… But like I said. NOTHING was done about it, so the system is flawed.

2 Likes