Will metal be spray tintable?

Just the blue shades is fine by me =)

Instead of shade, how about adding different levels of shine to metals?

Writing here rather than starting a new thread. I have a build I really want to start but no existing material feels right for it. I want a kind of fiberglass look, but I think white tinted metal would work just as well.

Composite metal siding is becoming more popular in commercial construction, for instance the red siding on new Target stores. I understand it wouldn’t make much sense to only make iron tintable, and I think different shine levels would be kind of cool but would require 5 new block types.

Maybe composite metal could be its own crafted block, using a combination of the other metals and a dye. Personally, I’d like it to just be copper and iron and not worry about the prestige level. Say 36 iron bars and 36 copper bars plus 18 dye for a mass craft of ‘composite metal’ that comes in the color of the dye.

This would fill a wide void in our ability to create some realistic surfaces on the more commercial and industrial builds. The current forerunner in my planned build is ice. In fact, I always use ice where I want metal… as seen on my more recent builds where I use cold tan ice for what I call “fool’s gold” and some call “Dutch’s gold” (I prefer the latter :upside_down_face:)