Will there ever be cars / airplanes / trains or something like that in Boundless?

Hello Guys, simple question.

Will there ever be something like Motorized stuff in Boundless? Like Cars Trains airplanes or anything to transport aside of portals?

1 Like

I did a simple search on the forums and vehicles of all types have been suggested before. I’ve read over the years that when titans come out, there was even an idea of using titan cores for flying mounts. Land vehicles, boats, powered vehicles, trains, the list goes on and on.

In terms of anything official though, I haven’t seen anything posted by the devs. I guess your guess is as good as any. :slight_smile:

Well im mostly interested in because i got to start over new because i lost everything.
(Beacon run out of Fuel unnoticed) everything despawned.

So i thought i may start over a infrastructure like building a Tunnel for future Trains or something like that. But if there will never be something like that in the game, infrastructure would be quite useless :smiley:

1 Like

Personally, I wouldn’t do anything like that. There hasn’t been any official mention about it coming soon, so I’d wait until there is before starting a project like that. Just my opinion though, build to your own desires. :slight_smile:

Doubt there will be mounts as of rendering limitations caused by chunk dowload speed.
But maybe some flying gadget?

1 Like

I don’t think there would be any mount but a glider could make sense.

Oortpowered?

Just a craftable/forgable glider item that destroy over use maybe using core and feather as base craft with some alloy and ancient tech.

Would love to glide from montain.

1 Like

Monorail Train would be cool

2 Likes

Lets keep it real, No.
Between portals & Grapples I just cant see Wonderstruck putting in the effort it would take to make something like Air or Ground vehicles work at the quality level they have for this game currently ( Very deep thought out & multi layered ) + no telling what else they already have on their plate.
Im sure moving vehicles are the least of their concerns.
But then again I don’t work for them so I have no clue wtf im talking about atm.

2 Likes

So… no Grand Theft Oorto to look forward to some day?

Well, I can still smack up a few spitters and get away with it.

4 Likes

Lamella copter confirmed. :—D

2 Likes

I absolutely love the idea of crafting vehicles. Many people may bash complexifying the crafting system, but I want to be able to craft wheels, frame, engine, and extras

2 Likes

Minecraft has rail carts… why couldn’t we get something similar? More limitations on a more recent game?

Ohh, trains and subways! That would be kinda need for city building and connecting settlements!

as for other methods of transportation…

well, the Hunter is coming and it can teleport, my guess is we can use it’s trophy to craft something that lets us teleport a certain max distance!

There already is a metro in Ultima :wink:
That’s what portals are for. You don’t need to sit and wait in a dark tunnel for the train to stop.

i’d love to see a bulldozer :smiley: just some massive aoe shifting dirt/rock machine.

1 Like

lol :laughing: They kinda do look like little propeller’s huh?

No doubt that would be amazing, just the amount of labor it would take to have that in game im sure is just not going to be a thing, however I could be very wrong. Who knows what wonderstruck has planned for this game in the far future, if this game even lasts that long into the future, I hope it does.

You & probably about 1000 others would love something like this, myself included.

But I don’t think we will ever see anything like that personally.
Wonderstruck loves they’re hard labor.
One reason why I love this game so much.