WIP: Index of šŸ‡ Food & šŸ· Brew Buffs

That seems to conflict with what I foundā€¦ maybe there was inaccuracy because you werenā€™t constantly breaking blocks? or were you just swinging all the time?
EDIT: oh, you have all 5 item durability skills. These add on to the persisting thing. My values are without durability skills, so thatā€™s probably why.

1 Like

@Jiivita The negative status effects for elements are as follows (iirc):
Corrosion - Acid
Blast - Think itā€™s Slow
Toxin - Think itā€™s Poison
Shock - I think itā€™s Drain
Burn - Scar
Chill - Think itā€™s Ice
I will look into the effects of these too.

All these give you a base damage over time I think. Can anyone confirm this? Doesnā€™t look like damage over time is a thingā€¦ damn confusing game files

ACID

• There are levels, 1 2 3. 4 and 5. I canā€™t work out what the differences are (if there are any), but Acid just reduces all of your armour and resistance, maybe even completely removes it. This includes corrosive armour and resistance.

SLOW

• Reduced Action Speed, Run speed and Sprint Boost - which in turn reduces your sprint speed ā€“ Sprint Boost is lowered to 1.5, which is lower than the base value of 2 even without agility.
Level Effects Duration
1 Action Speed -20%, Run Speed -30%, Sprint Boost set to 1.5 60
2 Action Speed - 40%, Run Speed -40%, Sprint Boost set to 1.5 60
3 Action Speed -60%, Run Speed -50%, Sprint Boost Set to 1.5 60
4 Action Speed -80%, Run Speed -60%, Sprint Boost set to 1.5 60
5 Action Speed -100%?! - I guess you canā€™t do anything?, Run Speed -70%, Sprint Boost set to 1.5 60

POISON

Gives damage over time (refreshes every 5 seconds, so the damage values you see would be multiplied by 5)

Level Damage/second Duration
1 10 30
2 25 30
3 50 30
4 100 30
5 200 30

DRAIN

Reduces max stamina by 10%, 20%, 30%, 40% or 50% depending on the level and lasts for 60 seconds

SCAR

Same as drain, but for max health

ICE

Affects friction, levels seem to have no extra effect, just adds 1 to the friction modifier, which is normally 1, which looks like it makes you slip as if you were walking on Ice.

4 Likes

Updated the OP with almost all the awesome info @willcrutchley Providedā€¦ ^^ A huge help, thank you!

Concerning the Rage and Focus Skillsā€¦ i have a stack-ish of each on Testing so i can definitely test out the effects at some pointā€¦ However I canā€™t really give an ETA since I have so many other projects at the moment =P

1 Like

Durability skills have a very significant effect on how useful persisting foods are and the perceived health benefit.

Letā€™s suppose you can break 100 blocks with your wooden axe, no levels. This means at 100 blocks you lost 100% durability. With risotto (15%) you have only lost 85% when you reach 100 blocks, so your total break will be 100/0.85 or 117.6 blocks.

Now at full skill, 50% reduction, you normally break 100/0.5 = 200 blocks. When you add 15% here, you get 100/0.35 = 285 blocks.

This happens because the 15% buff is actually 30% of whatā€™s LEFT to buff. So foods help more the higher your skill.

5 Likes

in case you missed this one:

very much confirmed through my testing on a wooden axe - will become a video soon I hope

4 Likes
2 Likes

I get it now, had to do more reading and not skimming.

All foods recover you current maximum energy. So you might say they are energising, but in general sense.
Energising foods (including energising pie) also add bonus to your maximum energy (for 30 minutes) and thatā€™s a specific name of type of foods that do that.
You might take a look at my energising food video and maybe that will make it easier to understand?

2 Likes

This is all covered in the post already, all the non buff-giving foods are listed at the top of the food section, and the energising foods are lower down.
And as @boundmore explained, the difference is between giving energy, and increasing max energy too.

2 Likes

Cleaned up the table for the falling foods and indicated that falling reduction is not fully understood (my guess, it is falling resistance)

To-Do Listā€¦
Verify Debuff names and add Debuff info (Thanks @willcrutchley)
Finish crafting and testing foods (accuracy verification)

3 Likes

m = b/(1 - d/100)
Prome3us Equation.
Itā€™s official science. :sunglasses::nerd_face::grin::wink:
m - modified tool durability (available actions)
b - basic tool durability (actions) as seen in tool stat screen
d - durability drain modifier as seen in character stats

I have tested that equation (consuming persisting foods and using wood axes).
Is it correct?
Check out the video:

2 Likes

Gotta check out the video first, expect a response soon :wink:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a bit boring I find after final check. A lot of talking and theory haha.

Yay! Science wins :wink: Glad I could help out even a little bit after that unfortunate grapple incident :hear_no_evil:
And thanks a ton for all your work to verify the theory. Loved watching the pole star as the day/night cycles went by while you were swinging, some extreme dedication right there.

2 Likes

Lol the final 500 swings took all Therkian Night! Imagine testing a gem tool!

2 Likes

yeahā€¦ i did that for all the gem hammersā€¦ and then they released the patch that added all the tool info to the item descriptions shortly after :scream:

2 Likes

oh no!! That must have been upsetting :joy:

1 Like

mmm not too badā€¦ live and learn i guess =P

Anyone making the stronger illumination food or drink?

I found the lesser one on the giant pirate ship. Also in duneshop. But its only good for what level one light . It doesnā€™t add to our light we already had, which I was hoping for.

By the way @Jiivita , pretty sure your shielding icon is wrong, that one is for the rage shield skill. The correct one is this:
icon_se_shield_physical

1 Like