World specific exp bonus

Hi All,

I know some have been frustrated with the mining block exp nerf. I have been as well, but I also sorta understand where the devs were coming from.

So for people who do want to mine at higher tier worlds, and are running through titanium hammers by the minutes, what if we had a tier-based world specific exp bonus?

For example on all worlds, 1 rock is worth 2 exp. What if you are on t4 and it had a small world boost because of the higher resource shield, so you would get the base 2 exp and then a 1-2 exp bonus, and places like t6-7 worlds would have a 3exp bonus.

I know that in the grand scheme, this is a big jump in exp, but I think it’ll encourage players to travel to higher level worlds, and when you can actually get there, you need a bigger amount of exp to level.

I was also think this may make traditional mining more lucrative and offset the massive durability drain on high tier worlds a bit.

I have not really done the numbers or anything, and the devs probably thought about this already, but I would like to know what you guys think?

8 Likes

I feel like this only makes sense, personally.

The higher level worlds require points in atmopsheric protections, they have the hardest monsters trying to kill you, the blocks take way too long to break with regular tools and the warp costs are generally much higher.

More XP for getting work done in a more hardcore place seems logical

8 Likes

Creatures already have a bound between up and exp. I really can’t understand why blocks are excluded from that.

1 Like

me as a miner im restricted to 1 hit blocks and mass produce rocks to stone epic. it sucks.
my miner is going to be a hunter from now on.

Well, there are also ores which gives nice amount of exp. Depending how quickly you can mine to those ores it can help miner.

mine miner is quite the adventurer, almost level 24 and never found an gem and only 4 titanium ores

still limited to mine blocks that can break in 1 hit and proces those blocks. thats quit the adventure.

best is to level as a hunter then restat as miner

Play multiple toons, use your miner to level your hunter to 20 and use the free respec. Reverse their roles and continue. Building is also amazing exp.

1 Like