Would you (mostly aimed at forgers) buy unforged gear?

I could see how this is viable. I just sold 11k of em for exactly that price

1 Like

My guild shop is primarily for unforged tools and weapons. We are doing pretty well with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was bored at work today so i worked on this

If I use avg global buy prices as of yesterday the low cost using buy price of a diamond hammer is 283.3616605 and the high price using avg global sell prices 1446.35972

not sure if its right or usable, but whatever it helped pass the day lol

2 Likes

You mean request baskets?

That’s a horrible way to price anything in this game. :scream:

1 Like

Thanks for the responses folks! My conclusion is that there’s definitely a market for it, a way bigger one than i initially thought.

Seeing as there seem to be multiple sellers in this market already, i doubt that adding another one will have a severe impact. Don’t worry @superman101, not only do you seem to have a loyal customer base, i’m also not interested in a price war :slight_smile: Merely looking to provide additional services to my customers.

3 Likes

To be honest more shops the better really…some days you get tired of shops.when I constantly have 4 shops with 144 tool in them it’s alot

1 Like

For me if it’s 100-200c more but less of a “finding mission” I’ll just pay more. I buy stuff from my gyosha mall neighbors that are on the high end because easiest to find and remember. You have VERY cheap forge ingredients so sell the tools/weapons close by that’s a one stop shop for every forger

1 Like

I spend around 1100c per diamond hammer because I know the place always has a lot of stock and I like to buy 3 or 4 SS at a time.

If you matched or beat that I’d definitely be a loyal customer as I use your place for ingredients already!

1 Like

The issue right now, as i see it, is that the hunting marked has crashed.
This means that the profit on forged stuff has seen a big cut, as the prices on forged stuff hasn’t gone up, even though the materials for it has. Some of the materials have gone up several hundred percent in the past month or two!
So starting to buy the tools in that scenario, would further hollow out the profit on forges, that are already almost not worth doing :confused:
As a full time forger since release, the one thing i force my self to not think about is what a tool has cost me to make, how much it sells for, and how much i could make if i took said hammer and went mining with it instead of selling it… it aint pretty :stuck_out_tongue:

So for me to buy unforged tools, the price would have to be low, but you already know that, and the prices on forge stuff would either have to be raised to match the crashed hunters marked, or the fix for hunting needs to come out, so the marked normalize again.
Bone for 10 instead of 2, and hopper eyes for 200 instead of 40 is just insane…

My store at sunken city has creature parts at much lower prices than these. I sell bones for 6c right now but just because I’m running low. Usually 3 or 4c

Edit: I’ll restock these stands when I get online. I’ve a surplus of all except bones right now but those should be back up soon too

2 Likes

I’d have to respectfully disagree here. Yes, over christmas the market went crazy with prices, due to the lack of hunters. But the last 1.5 week i’ve seen prices return back to normal.

Since i buy literally millions worth of forging ingredient materials every month, i consider myself a bit of an expert on the market-trends for these materials over the past 5 months. I reckon i spend half to 2/3 of my time playing this game, shopping with the shop scanner. A process i actually enjoy :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m just about to lower my prices for corrupted 1 and vigour 2 again, because the prices for hopper cores and eyes have become stable again.

The only material that has consistently gone up in price has been bitter beans. But since they are not a hunting material, it’s irrelevant to the hunting market.

Bone isn’t used in any forging materials though (at least not the ones that are popularly used), so shouldn’t have an impact on prices :wink:
I’ve never ever ever had to buy hopper eyes for 200. Highest i ever bought them for is 80. The last 10 days i’ve been able to buy them consistently at 50-ish, which is actually lower than before the christmas break.

3 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face:

You got a request basket up for cores suji? I’ve got a few laying around still I think. I should really be selling to your baskets! Complete the circle haha

1 Like

Oh i don’t doubt you have a firmer grasp on the marked than me, however that doesn’t change what i have experienced, and as such i respectfully disagree with your assessment, that the marked has in any way stabilized again.
I have also been buying large stocks of forging materials since launch, and have never seen it this bad, and so far i have seen no indication of the marked getting better.
As a matter of fact, I emptied the marked completely for hopper eyes a few weeks ago, as in i visited every single t1-4 planet and bought every single eye under 200 that was accessible. And i came home with less than 1.5 SS.
I mentioned bone because it’s part of the point im making, which is that the hunting marked in general has crashed, because many hunters stopped hunting, which has nothing to do with Chistmass.
I’m sure you are right in that it did get a little better after the holidays, but not nearly “back to normal”, as i consider normal anyways.

But this is getting way off track, i guess because it’s a topic that interests us both heavily :slight_smile:
My answer to your question stands: I won’t be buying “raw” gear, as long as the hunting marked is crashed and the price of forges hasn’t followed suit.

1 Like

I reckon we’ll just have to agree to disagree :slight_smile:

I reckon i know why our experiences differ though. Hopper eyes are hot items. They don’t tend to be on the stands for long, at decent prices. I don’t buy in bulk like you do, instead i buy them whenever i see them under 60-70. So i reckon i buy a smartstack a week, but spread out over the week, leaving the prices that won’t allow me any profit.

I reckon you’re partly right on bone, but i also think the increased demand for it (due to the glues) has greatly impacted the prices for bones.

All-in-all, we can agree to disagree :slight_smile: can’t really argue with experiences!

2 Likes

I feel like bone price is going up because there is much more use of bonding agents now.

I’ll be keeping my prices as low as possible on my shop at illuminaughty, but I can only restock a decent ammount of mob drops every weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yea that is no doubt part of it indeed.
I do find the odd shop every now and then, with the “old” prices on animal parts, but ill be honest, i kinda feel like it’s because the shopkeeper hasn’t noticed that everyone else upped their prices.
Good to know that isn’t always the reason :slight_smile:
I do tend to clear out any stands that carry what i need at the normal prices.

Its “market” not marked. It’s an “Economic Market”

Less than 3 days ago I personally found 2 ss in a single shop for 65.

Baahh!! Your killing me smallz…

Thank you for your valuable contribution to the discussion at hand…
Let me know if you would like some spelling lessons in my language, I’ll be happy to help.

1 Like