Would you pay $10/€10 for a new race? If not, would this bother you if implemented?

I know new races is an oft requested feature. Maybe if people were willing to pay for it the devs might fast track it. I’d be ok with having to pay for races if that’s what it takes.
Anonymous as always.

• I would pay $10/€10 for a new race
  • I would not pay for it but I would be ok with the devs monetizing it
  • I object strongly to monetizing races

0 voters

First change should be free since we didn’t have them before.

But a paid change token after that could work

3 Likes

I would prefer it if it would be something we can grind for.

There is a currency in the game that is perfect for this. No one ever said they have enough plots, everyone wants more, you can get them with cubits, if a new race can be bought with cubits then we can grind for it, we will lose out on plots and when we still need them we will spend money on cubits…

Why add a different way of doing things when cubits work fine as it is as an incentive to spend money?

7 Likes

I’ll pay 20 :cookie: s for a new race

4 Likes

races should be normal free option available to all when creating a character

when introduced later, all existing characters should have an option to change race to their liking

i see no reason to make it something extra one would need to progress towards, unless races introduce some special skills/abilities

3 Likes

I don’t even think a new race is needed. If they were gonna monetize anything, just more options for customizing our current avatars. could make them look different enuf (heads/bodies/armors) that it wouldnt break any lore, and is already a system in place to implement and monetize cosmetics

(PS… I would totally be a Cuttletrunk… imjustsaiyin)

4 Likes

Someone told me that the other races are in game files they just aren’t used?

2 Likes

Re-he-healy!?!? That is interesting. anyone have anymore info on this?

I think it would be a wrong direction if this game took that micropayment path without any option of getting it without paying. The game is already worth base money plus some cosmetic micropayments it contains and of course they need additional income to maintain the servers and continue development, but it shouldn’t become an “F2P” model that still pays for the base game, maybe some people can abandon it or never buy it

1 Like

News to me. Only thing I’ve ever seen about races was art from the devs. I don’t think they were even models. I do know spears are in the files but we dont have those yet. I imagine the hit boxes and motions etc aren’t done. So even if races are in the files it is potentially the same thing. Plus making all the wearables compatible with the new models.

1 Like

I believe the old model files were still in the game on release, but I haven’t ever seen any new races in the files. I feel like that would have been something our local blender expert @Dulki would have jumped all over :smiley:

3 Likes

True the old models should still be there, and yea no new race models… but if the Devs haven’t posted / teased about it I would not post it + I do ask them if its okay to post

3 Likes

I am hoping that when we get new races they have a type of passive ability unique to that race. So I don’t think they would be good to tie money to the way I envision it.

1 Like

It depends on the “degree of newness”.
If it has new animations, models, voicelines, unique customization options, etc. I would pay for it.
If it’s just an asset flip of the old race, like only details and texture changed, it should be free.

You know, the difference between epic and legendary skins in Overwatch for example.

1 Like

Is that cosmetic only? Or can you e.g. be a toxic slug that has inherent protection for toxic atmospheres or a dwarf who has plus 20 action speed while underground?

I personally probably would, but from what I heard, the game could really benefit from having way more character customization in the most basic version. few more races / faces / diaper styles at least.
in my humble opinion an MMO with this level of variety (worlds, blocks, builds) should offer a lot more in terms of character appearance.

2 Likes

I prefer to pay for functional items over cosmetic. Unless those new races came with special skills like flying or water breathing, then i’m all over it.

1 Like

Any new character races added should be open without paying unless it comes in a paid expansion. Maybe a Boundless Multiverse concept that we can pass between with new portal types.

As for changing an existing character, it would be nice to use skill points to mature one’s character. Maybe add an evolution option that uses skill points.

2 Likes

For me, different races make only sense if they also will come with varying skill-sets (for example: A flying race which has a special fly mode, but may be weaker than others. Or a underwater (mostly) living race which will never be able to fly). All races should have a common set of skills, and some specials which they are excelling…

If its only for the look, then why … I am most of my time digging holes deep down and nobody is seeing me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind paying with cubits. Shouldve added that option there! :smiley:

3 Likes