WS: you should make this the free PS4 game of the month. You’d save the game

This topic is temporarily closed for 10 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 10 hours.

This topic is temporarily closed for 10 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 10 hours.

the entry price for this game is a good trollblocker.
so im not a fan of making it free2play :open_mouth:

2 Likes

“PS4 game of the month” is something that Sony does for PS+ subscribers (a paid subscription which is also needed to play online games like Boundless). Every month there are several games for their different platforms that are free for ONE month only and only when you’re a subscriber to PS+. They pay the devs a nice sum of money to be able to give it away for the month.

So in no way shape or form does this mean that it’s a free 2 play game then all of a sudden…

It’s funny if you read the description of boundless on the ps store. It says 1 player than says network players 2-99 and requires ps+ to access multiplayer. But realistically this is only multiplayer since you have to be online

What would have been good is a free trial. For example you can only make a campfire, are given stone gear and copper crossbow to see how it all works, start on a lvl 1 planet and unable to use portals. Maybe even limit playtime to… 5 hours? It’d attract more people maybe.

2 Likes

ah, so they can try this game that month, and if they like it they need to buy it then to keep play?
well then ofc i miss understood that, and this then sounds like a good idea.

oh they should fix this ofc!

as log as they have an active PS plus sub they can play it. I’m agaist it or this reason. Not at all troll blocker, because most PS4 players have PS plus, which would mean pretty much everyone would have the game.

Well, ehmm, yes and no, as long as they are a PS+ subscriber they can keep playing the games they received like this.

So they still need to be paying something in order to get it and/or keep playing it. Besides, if they like it they will wanna get Gleam Club and thus pay the devs that way too (because Sony is paying them a hefty sum as well for the month)…

It actually has helped a heck of a lot of games get a ton of attention!

1 Like

Look at FFXIV and its free trial, it has attracted loads of new people.

I could imagine they maybe want to wait until something is fixed or some content is out.
I dont think they never heard about this option