XP Boosts? Planned, or not? Dev input please

Most MMO Cash Shops offer this, are they planned?

The grind is unbearable now. You won’t remove the Cash Shop, so maybe you could at least offer what most other AAA games, like even WoW, offer, for those of us who are unable to enjoy the game anymore.

I’m not the only one, there’s multiple threads about grind being an issue for building/explorer types, otherwise this game is going to end up alienating them.

I just want to hear from a Dev on this, that’s all.

There are food recipes and items that do this in game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have no issues doing all the things I’ve wanted to. Mining, building, exploring all the planets. Sure currently I can’t craft everything that exists right now, but I’m sure if I gave it 3 hours I could manage.

1 Like

In other words, XP boosts are off the table

8 Likes

I guess I should rephrase, I dont see the point. If you are having issues getting enough skills then your approach must be wrong. To max out all the crafting skills you need 22 points on 5 character. I got those 5 characters to level 7 in about an hour this morning chiseling refined blocks on my plots.

wait aren’t you the #paytowin guy?

2 Likes

If xp boosts were implemented, people would simply argue that it’s rigged to suck even more money from the players. Xp boosts are a self-defeating p2w tactic used by money grabbing phone games.
WoW does not get called pay to win because level boosts are only to the previous expansions level cap and low level gear, and can not boost a player to max level. It’s a catchup mechanic for people who are already paying a subscription and buying into the next expansion. It’s literally inclued at no extra cost when you buy an xpac.

6 Likes

There are ways to get xp decently fast, although you give up something for it. Even then people complain that you can get xp faster than them, and complain it isn’t right even though it’s open to anyone.

buying xp boost in cash shop, for this game is an economy killer. Not every game does xp boost work well in. You may never sell teaching loafs as much again.

So dm a dev if you only want to hear a devs opinion. Don’t post a public thread and shout down people who disagree by saying you only want to hear from a dev, that’s impolite.

4 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^

2 Likes

@MinerDiggerMan It’s good you asked. Nothing wrong with that. These were just some friendly opinions from your peers.

Based on what James posted, that Simoyed linked. Anything is possible in the cash shop.

1 Like

Well, personally I hope that they don’t.

Not because I think that XP boosts are intrinsically a bad thing, but because it is always difficult to draw the line between ‘normal’ gameplay and deliberate grind introduced to push sales of such boosters.

Anyone without a history with Boundless development process could be forgiven for feeling like the game ascribes to the latter scenario if XP boosting items were available for cubits. It is a grind in places depending on what you want to do with your time.

1 Like

Wouldn’t buying xp boost be considered pay to win as it will let you level up your character much quicker compared to those that actually play the game?

Mr Anti Pay to win want’s Pay to win???

3 Likes

Closing this for a couple of reasons:

• Multiple deleted replies which isn’t making for productive conversation
  • Antagonistic responses which again isn’t helping the conversation

As for an answer to the question:
Yes, pay to win can be subjective. In XP boosting cases, more XP gives you more skill points, more skill points gives you more ability in game, therefore paying for an XP boost would be considered pay to win in our eyes; hence why we won’t be including them in the Exchange.

26 Likes