XP For Chisel Changing Blocks

Now that sedimentary and igneous rock no longer have a “high level” block associated with them like metamorphic to marble, they have less value compared to metamorphic rock. In order to add equal value back to these blocks I suggest rewarding xp for chisel changing.

A few of us suggested making marble compatible with any rock type but never really got any info on it. Chisel changing rock is a tedious process and adding xp to it would add some compensation for player’s time.

2 xp per block change would be enough. After cycling through all three types we should get no further xp (max 4 xp per rock). Same for gold/silver. Most xp you can get for those would be 2 xp per block.

Devs is this a feasible change or would changing the marble recipe be easier?

1 Like

The problem is the loop between the changes, it would result into an afk xp machine. Best would be a machine that we could change block to a specific type overtime.

Edit: missed the part about the no more xp after the changes. It could work i guess.

4 Likes

Yea they already have the penalty in place for breaking a block and placing it again. I figured this would be similar

1 Like

Could also add more blocks!
A logical next-level Igneous = Granite

Would have to come up with something for Sedimentary, though.

3 Likes

I feel like this is the plan, they just don’t want to reveal it yet. But if they do add more blocks specific to igneous and sedi thats even more reason to add xp to chisel changing imo.

Alternatively they could remove transformation boon from chisels and add that on a new tool that we can forge 3x3.

1 Like

Limestone for sedimentary. I’d say the texture would fall somewhere between concrete and marble. More grainy and less shiny than marble, slightly shinier and I guess still more grainy than concrete. Like if concrete’s blemishes were smaller and more uniform across the block.

My favorite idea is a tint machine that you would blocks in, though xp per block would be a simple change and would be very nice.

1 Like

Maybe a sandstone or limestone variant for sedimentary would work. I figured at first they would be too similar to concrete or the marble/granite. Some of these could be really cool, though. especially if the pattern extends over multiple blocks (think filigree).

2 Likes