Your First Year At a Glance

I was newb .
i was pro
Now im legendary.

10 Likes

Thanks hun, love ya too, and youā€™ve been a huge part of my wonderful Boundless experience! :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll go ahead and do mine, but my memory gets a little muddled so this will be more of the general highlights and thoughts-

Boundless was an impulse buy on PSN for me. Pretty sure I was in within the first few days, as I saw it pop up new on the PSN store. Never made a better impulse buy in my life. :slight_smile: It just looked like something Iā€™d love, but knew nothing about it.

So I start off, land on Alder. My current base is still in the same spot I originally settled, though now Iā€™m actively planning relocation finally. Anyways, Iā€™m an explorer at heart, and though I wanted to learn everything else, I figured Iā€™d build more later, let me get the basic tutorial stuff out of the way and go out and see all there is out there! The result was my first base - Iā€™m not kidding, you would have to try HARD to blight the landscape more than I did with my first building. :joy: I literally took whatever blocks I could get my hands on and threw them randomly together into a box shelter. Luckly, I hadnā€™t settled near anybody, it hadnā€™t crossed my mind that others might not appreciate that at that pointā€¦

I got hooked as soon as I started wandering around and seeing what was out there. First, even out in the wilderness, the atmosphere was incredible. It felt like a real place, like I was truly exploring nature on a hike, it is hard to describe but it just gave me this peaceful feeling to be out walking around in it. But the buildsā€¦ wow! :open_mouth: Now keep in mind - I went in TOTALLY blind. So I was also a little confused - I was thinking this was just a PS4 game that released the other dayā€¦ so how in the world were people already able to do all this stuff? LOL.

I still remember my first trip to a T3, newb that I was, ended up with me kiting a long tail of mobs around what seemed like a quarter of the planetā€¦ finally I ducked into a cave thinking Iā€™d be safe there, but that last step was a doozy, went out in a blaze of glory like a big meteorite into the lava. :rofl:

I remember getting some of my first visitors stopping by my base. That is what finally gave me incentive to actually start doing something there, I didnā€™t want to be ashamed of what I had, perhaps I couldnā€™t build well still, but I could make it look nicer, and add shopping and maybe help newcomers.

I did hit the area in the mid-levels of the learning curve where I stepped away for a bit before becoming totally addicted. I think the addiction really sunk in after I was able to finally start thriving via mining, @AeneaGames helped out a lot there by selling 3x3s at great prices, I was able to get a foothold and buy what I couldnā€™t make, found out pretty quickly that it wasnā€™t hard to survive on T5s if you got underground quickly enough.

I canā€™t state enough though that the community is what really takes this game from excellent and sort of my ideal on many levels to justā€¦ WOW, Iā€™m hopelessly in love and addicted! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Just keep meeting great person after great person, and making real friends like Janna here. I feel like it is like a big family here, Iā€™ve opened up, I share things I normally never would.

The future looks bright - my list of projects is a mile long, I really never see myself tiring or taking a break like I do with most games, even my favorites. I have new spots claimed on Gyosha (doing a little more claiming there yesterday, love the spot) and Circarpous, Iā€™ve had invites to join elsewhere, and Iā€™ve also inherited a huge beautiful base on Antar VI. Even my original base I still am working on even though eventually it wonā€™t be primary. It does get a little overwhelming at times - where should I put the next exo storage, maybe I need to move it all to one central place? - but I remind myself there is no rush, a bit at a time, and letā€™s just go off for now and mine. :wink:

4 Likes

I played Boundless in Early Access on steam for some 200-ish hours before I took a serious break from the game. During that time, I took screenshots of a lot of things, but not as many as I wish Iā€™d taken of certain things, like details in my own builds and of the different worlds.

After release, I found out by accident that the game was, wellā€¦ released. So I came back to it for some timeā€¦ Since then, I have about 1,250 hours logged in the game.

I put most of my post hidden by spoilers so that it doesnā€™t take up a huge amount of space on the thread. Please expand to read and see screenshots. :slight_smile:

*Tried to keep it short on text, since there would be way too much of that otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue:

The second beginning

Story with pictures

I was initially put on Imoco, which I quickly found to have a colour palette that didnā€™t suit me, despite loving the dark cobalt stone. The world also had too much water for my liking, as far as I could see.

I started to look at neighbouring worlds and also thought they looked too wet. :man_shrugging:

Then I was on Lamblis for quite some time, having a tiny base there and meeting @fidach for the first time, after I had been using his portals, especially the portals that lead into other player hubs and the portal to Serpensarindi, where I got my first diamonds since release, using unforged iron fists.

Unfortunately I didnā€™t really take too many screenshots from when I lived on Lamblis, not even of @fidachā€™s old base.

In the end, Lamblis felt far too garish for me to permanently settled in, and even though I wanted to have a permanent main base on a T3 or T5/6, this wasnā€™t going to work for some time.

Eventually, I came to Gellis, the screenshot above being in October 2018 still. This was a bunch of storage I put up quickly to keep all the stuff I was moving across. It remained for a long time and my storage was a mess for months at least. Notice the dark cobalt stone I loved and used, from that wet place that I didnā€™t like, Imoco. :smiley:

I spent a lot of time on Gellis, in my Mountain Fortress. Though I met @AeneaGames eventually, making a crude stall at her market:

Things reached a point where I was starting to try and organise my base better, but this didnā€™t go too well. There were things I was starting to find annoying and to be honest my base did become a bit maze-like for others who visited, even though I knew my own way around easily. But there was too much running for no good reason and everything was just a mess.

By December 2018, with some help to get coils I started forging at a very basic level and started to work on other projects, such as a to-be city in Xa Frant, an idea which I eventually abandoned.

I didnā€™t feel the plot system was robust enough to allow me to manage it easily without making many smaller beacons to prevent space-wasting, something I didnā€™t find feasible when I was fuelling beacons manually.

By mid-December, I deplotted and regenerated that city project on Xa Frant, and moved the idea to Houchus I, in front of @AeneaGames portal for that world and started to move my main base there too.

At some point I got rid of my Gellis base, having moved everything onto Houchus, but by the end of February 2019, I was getting sick of so many latency issues I kept having on Houchus, a USE world, eventually taking a break from the game, as I was starting to get bored and frustrated, becoming distracted by other things too.

I gave permissions and allowed @AeneaGames and @ghandymarshall loot my base as they pleased.

The final beginning

Another story with pictures

Symbolically, the number three tends to have some significance to everyone.

In early April 2019, I began again, possibly for the last time. Though most of my old stuff was looted or lost, I still had a few things such as my tools and those dark cobalt storage blocks from Imoco that nobody wanted. This time I went to Kol Huroo, a world that didnā€™t really tickle my fancy for a long time, but it was the only EU T6 world, and I was determined to be on a high tier world.

I settled on a mountain at the edge of a desert that reminded me of those long-gone from Therka, the world I lived on during pre-release.

Determined to build a new mountain fortress, using only plain materials, I went for a very rustic style at first, using only local stone. I was tired of travelling here and there for this and that.

I started to have more coils by my own efforts and even had been doing some more forging and gathering of Rift with the first exoworlds that showed up.

Though I was here to be isolated, in some sense, I still wanted to be connected to others. I built a bridge and tunnel into the local Ultima hub, which was much closer than I realised when I first put my beacon down here.

The second bridge, visible in the second screenshot, became the bridge to what has become my portal hub, and the bridge from my old to my new. From the mountain over the desertā€¦

But I let the prestige bug bite. I like to watch numbers growā€¦

The present

The yet-to-be-written story with pictures

And this is the present day. My build went from some 200k prestige using mostly natural blocks and a couple of coal dumps to 5mill prestige, non-intentionally; when I started building my pyramid I expected maybe 1.5mill prestige with some effort, at most! I didnā€™t think I would want to use so much gold and so much amethyst as I have.

This pyramid represents, to me, the true pinnacle of all Iā€™ve tried to build before in Boundless. It is still a very unformed project, as all my projects are ā€“ little planning and only based on vague ideas of what I want.

In the end, I have found myself betraying what I had sought out to do when I began here, which is confined to this small section in the mountain seen above, and though I still heavily prefer local rock, simple natural materials are no longer in focus, and may never be again.

8 Likes

Ps4 pre release just a couple days before officially being released my brother and I loaded up and made our first toons.

Ran through the sanctum stuff picked a landing site on Angel 1 and had a heck of a time wondering how to make the warp conduits work.

After a few mins of confusion I took my very first step into Boundless.

We landed in the Calchini Chasma region on Angel and realized quickly we needed to watch our step or fall in huge water filled craters with no way out of em except to dig.

One of the first things I did was die. I smacked a wildstock with a totem. That did not end well.

We got to learning the beacon and plotting system and there were a few mishaps along the way but we managed.

Eventually after a few days we decided it would be a good idea for us to try and get to the fabled other planets. We didnā€™t know any portal networks or even really how to find one so we warped to Till. We instantly started suffocating.
We didnā€™t have the proper protections.

A quick warp home and some coin lost and we were fine.

Eventually found the Portal Seekers Angel hub and a whole new world opened up for us. We went exploring all over.

We eventually had the protections needed and could survive on at least the t4 planets for a few mins.

I remember setting up a beacon on Circarpous at only like a week in and not knowing anything about where I needed to have points it took me about an hour to clear one plots worth of rock and soils with an iron hammer. Not my proudest moment.

Had some issues with some places we had tried to settled and over the next month or so built and rebuilt in various places.

We tried moving on from our landing site a few times but we eventually always came back to it.
Still there to this day and not a whole lot had been done but is an ever changing work in progress.

Around christmas we got our nieces and our other brother into the game and one sister. Several friends came as well even though most donā€™t really play anymore at least for now.

We have some projects going and always taking what we have learned are always trying to improve upon everything.

Its been a heck of a ride so far and also turned into the main game we both play even though we had purchased this to hold us over until another game released.

We didnā€™t play that other game much lol.

Along the way we have met some incredible people both in and out of the game.

There are a few people who I feel deserve a special mention as they made me feel welcome and have always been awesome in all my interactions with them.

@Sanbo who seems to have fallen away some time ago.

@Fallon for being awesome and being straight forward with us.

@majorvex for taking the time to setup a custom portal to the mall

@the-moebius for being themselves

@Creegle for giving me sneak peeks at certain things and for always being awesome.

@DaOne82 for being an awesome local ā€œneighborā€

Edit: forgot about @MrNiX and the TNT crew. Awesome folks as well.

There are many more as well and I hope that eventually there will be more.

Stay focused and boundless

9 Likes

Whilst waiting for an MC video to load on YouTube an advert for boundless popped upā€¦it peaked my interest this was back in October 2018.

I immediately looked for more info and came across @DanBeforeTime videos.
I knew at that point I wanted this game!

I started on imoco in BF nowhere although there were two random houses next to me. Day 1 I laid down a camp fire and then ran into my first Oortian, I waved and they ran away!

I then found the forum and posted trying to find a place to live, it was a dead city but had nice road system and one active player who showed me where to build.

After digging a huge hole for the base I had envisaged he also kinda disappeared on me.

I then took to the forums again and was offered a space at nexus hub on sorissi. This had a good few portals and a promise of being able to use the workshop after sticking around for a bit.

I built my first castle, then realised I needed a precise chisel, I went out looking and found a player by the name of block who not only gave me a chisel he also gave me machines a coil a spark gen!

This is when I created the kindness of strangers thread which quickly lead to locking horns with a certain someone and eventually lead to resolution and me putting a shop stand of free hammers and such outside my castle.

In November everything changed! I got a PM from @MrNiX referencing my hammer give away post, at first I thought he needed something in the end he took me in gave me a home and hammer! Lol

The cave at old nixia on Trior was really something we had no portals and he had at this point laid down close to 1500 plots!

I must have mined that cave so much I leveled like a mad man.

Then nix bought raven in and we decided to make our first communal workshop. I took lead on the layout and nix and raven did the decorating.

Then we met @uni3k and learnt how to make coin lol! We did quite some building at DBX on sorissi and soon enough he joined the clan along with @Pamst who started off fulfilling a gathering order and ended up a nixian lol!

Soon the kaosā€™s came along we all built like mad.

Then @uniek said hey why donā€™t scrap all this and move somewhere new build a bigger hub and make a city where we can all have a base and huge guild workshop!

@XxymoxX joined us at this point and had dreams of the museum. I did some sketches for layout of the new place and then we built a mini new nixia.

@uniek had always had the dream of a singular hub network and we got as far as plotting land in Biitula avoiding circ due to needing protection.

One day half of us ended up on circ and we all just thought screw it we are building here!

Took a few months of hardwork to get the bare bones up and we had lots of people join us in that time we are still always building!

We made it to capital of circ and was a huge collective achievement as we hadnā€™t bombed we had just built.

Then one day the conversation about the T6 hub came up and soon after that we made the move for the planet hub!

Itā€™s been amazing having met so many great people and having the chance to be creative and the drop party launch was just the best day so far, knowing that we shut down Circ was just amazing.

Nothing but love for this game and the people and THE DEVS!

8 Likes

Okā€¦ Youā€™ve inspired me to post here i think. This chain has been really intimidating to me but Iā€™m really enjoying reading the stories. A lot!

ā€¦more coming

5 Likes

I dunno how im going to go remembering everythingā€¦ but ill give it a go.

Saw the game in october as a new release on playstation, quick youtube search and found the paris game week trailer. And had bought the game before the trailer finished playing.

I landed on lasania, no idea what to expect or what i was doing and started my first build called ā€˜Opal Cityā€™ and thought it was pretty pimp decorating it with the super rare opal gems i found. Also made a stone bridge and collected like 200c footfall.

Feeling like i had conquored that planet, i packed up and moved to boori, leaving opal city to regen. And started my 2nd settlement, Hellfire Mines.

Hellfire mines was a big demon skull entrance, built down the side of hill with its spine/ribcage curling around a glass roof that sunk in and put of the hill (Wish i knew how to save screenshots at that stage). Mostly underground as i was petrified of those rediculously hard T3 mobs. I also started my first shop ā€œunique boutiqueā€ which ive just rekindled (same with hellfire tooā€¦ maybe).

But i got bored of that pretty quick and made another sacrifice to the regen gods, and moved everything to EU servers to find more friends. I setup a new settlement on lamblis, originally called zion bazaar, but renamed to burn city. This was my first foray into a decently size shop, and a tiny portal hub. I built a massive 500 plot castleā€¦ got really excited i reached a hamlet and was getting a whole 40c per visitorā€¦ then of course got bored and the lag wasnt great from Aus, so unsurprisinglyā€¦ i unplotted it all. Slight pattern emerging here.

I then moved to Sorissi which was a better connection for me, and started another new settlement called hootville, and made a big owl, and a bigger hub. And another shop, just for somethintlg different. I also started another dark carnival themed build on Xa Frant called Bzerk Circus, which is still there.

I got bored of the PG theme of hootville, and again rebranded it to Diabolix Village (Aka DBX), and was pretty happy with myself for reaching village status, so i thought i would try take over US east servers with a new hub, cause it didnt seem nearly as well connected as the EU servers i had come from. Also started forging and opened a shop called Incredible Forge which was pretty successful.

It was around this time i met Bruce and Nix, and that part of the story is above. We built up DBX for a while and the DBX Superstore was thriving, and i tried for a couple months to convince everyone in TNT to help themselves to all the stock in the shop, but everyone was really tentative usinging ā€œunieks stuffā€. So i suggested we tear it all down and move somewhere new and build something amazing together we all own equally.

During this time i also started a new settlement called 7Sins, where i had planned to make a themed shop (gluttony = pies etc), but got as far as digging a hole in the ground, which i think is still there.

We then all packed up and moved to circ, and built a new version of the DBX hub 4 times the size. As bruce mentioned i always wanted to build an all in one planetary network on circ, but never thought id actually be able to afford the oort to do it.

Through the amazing work of the TNT family, we actually built up enough street cred to get other people to believe in us enough to get involved, so the TNT planetary network dream actually became a reality. Thank you to everyone who got involved, we literally couldnt have done it without you. And same as bruce the drop party and crashing circ was definitely the highlight of the year. Watching the chat box after we removed the floor and seeing everyones reaction will be hard to top.

So long story shortā€¦ in the last year i went from being a solo player getting excited by finding opals, building 7 settlements and trashing almost all of them for the fun of it, to running one of the biggest networks with the best group of friends in the game.

Its been a wild ride, and looking forward to a lot moreā€¦ especially convincing the team to let New Nixia get eaten by regen so we can do it all again!

8 Likes

It began thus.
Cast adrift from my previous home on the world of Terraria (a rather 2 dimensional place), forced to abandon all my belongings (including my beloved DCU and, er, clothes, except for a tattered adult diaperā€¦donā€™t ask), I found myself searching the great G for a new home.
A new home I found.
The view of these new worlds looked amazing from afar, and though the price of travel was a little pricey, I ventured forth.
My first destination was on a solitary patch of rock and desert, on a world called therka,
Armed with only a totem, I hit things.
And Iā€™ve been hitting things ever since (Itā€™s fun and Iā€™m rather good at it).

I emigrated to the gleamtastic world of Elopor, establishing a build of no purpose, and then took back to the stars to briefly explore a strange new universe named nomanskie (or something like thatā€¦).

News reached me that my previous boundless world was not so boundless after all and was due for destruction. This devastating revelation was lessened by the emergence of a new boundless universe, a
permanent (blooming better beā€¦) universe
I ventured back, landing near a lake, on a strange new world I still call home, Sochaltin I, where creatures donā€™t attack first and skies are full of endless potential (and lots of things to hit).

10 Likes

Actually burst out a noise after reading thisā€¦ L.O.L.

3 Likes

First of all wow its been a year
And this post is probably going to take a year to read lol
Anyway im going to try and recall my amazing journey with boundless so far

So got the game when it was released on ps4
But hereā€™s the thing we didnā€™t even get it for are selves (me and my dad) it was for my little brothers
I thought boundless was going to be a rip off of minecraft (boy was I wrong) then I saw that they were having trouble with playing so I jumped on. I quickly began to like the game and so was my dad
So we were all playing together, little brothers mooching of are materials not actually wanting to do the grindy bits anyway they went back to minecraft because they didnā€™t know how to play without stalking people lol

So then there was 2, me and dad.
We started a gathering business with stupid low prices because we didnā€™t know any better lol it was pretty hard (we didnā€™t have enough money for the forged goods hence doing jobs) I got to meet some cool people though, did a grass seed job for @Stretchious & an ice job for @Crete .
I was just a noob so that was a big deal for me

Then I had @Envyv77 contact me about getting inky leves im return for pies and brews. I think it was for s project he was working on at dbx. I said yep and started gathering them, anyway I got it done and popped over to old nixia on trior to meet brucey and hand em over

I got a tour through nixia, bruce showed me @MrNiX 's caves/labyrinth that I have gotten lost and died in at least twice so far lol
The work shop and various other builds
And it was cool i loved how they seemed to work together so well almost like a family some might say

Then Bruce took a chance and popped the question if I wanted to join he I tried to play it cool and come of as semi interested but already new I wanted to join, so he explained how they sort of took on roles bruce cooked, raven made brews, nix mined and Chester was Chester lol. So I agreed and offered to gather things anyway I was waiting for bruce to ask the guys

So it was late afternoon I believe the day after I had agreed and I got a ping on discord with an invite to there discord channel and we hopped in voice chat and were talking about me joining and explained that we were a father son combo while nix and chester mined on nork anyway so we talked about a couple of things including nixs cat trying to walk on his keyboard
So they gave it the all clear and i joined the crazy bunch along with @uni3k who I met a bit later anyway as time went by people joined and people left I built three hubs for the three aus worlds (now taken down and replaced with a better idea the skynet) we moved to circ I moved into unieks muck around house ge made wich I thought was awesome just needed the right color am now moving next door to that house

So its been a long ride for me ups and downs, friends have been made and bonds have been formed
Ha there thats a big post @uni3k

9 Likes

you sir wrote the best piece :sunglasses::rofl:

if J.L. Borges ever wrote a comedy, it would look like that

2 Likes

At a glance;

My home (Old) Keats in Early Access 2017 on the long lost planet Vena V
Keats%20Blacksummer%20Estate%202017
Old%20Keats%20Icewall%20Tower

ā€¦and the new Keats on Lutrion as of today

8 Likes

EA lived at the end of the street in I think Aqua.
At this time no one was playing.

Lets see started on Phem made a town named Wonkru and shop named Polis. Was in the top 5 until we got very bored.

Moved to Besevrona at level 30 and duked it out with @FayaAOP for a few months.

Opened the 1st Locked Door got rich.
Made Slingbow depot because everyone was focusing on making hammers.

Made the guild Syndicate later renamed Iconic.

Made the oortian outlets

Ran hunts from the PS hub forever.

Shutdown the oortian outlets.

Built Hunt Hive, Added City on Biitula.

Made lots of friends. Saw a lot of friends disappear.

6 Likes

The Beginning

Two close friends bought me the game right after release, after we all decided weā€™d spent enough cash on Neverwinter. Right after that two other friends joined us and we built iLLumiNaughty on Trior. Honestly, if I hadnā€™t had them I would have quit playing because it was really frustrating trying to figure out portals and how travel places.

My first time off planet I warped with a friend into a cave, but I had no idea about the light epic so I was lost in the dark and he was clueless why I couldnā€™t see him. The first time I went to a higher tier planet I fell off a cliff in the Ultima Hub and I couldnā€™t find my way back because of the atmosphereā€¦ we couldnā€™t just warp home for free so my friend had to come get me.

I started my shop, The Witches Brew about two weeks after I started playing and I put all my coin I made back into it. My first set of coils for my mixer were a massive grindā€¦ an iron hammer, one block at a time. Coils were about 30k back then so it wasnā€™t easy to get them. I thought they were a steal when they dropped in price to 7kā€¦ now at 1000ish, new players will never know the true grind of those first weeks after releaseā€¦ but I kept at it and invested every coin back into my shop.

PURE Days

PURE asked us to work as partners because at the time it seemed we had the same mindset, but it was probably my worst time playing Boundless. From the beginning our intention was to start our own guild and partnering with them was something we were wary of doing, but we gave it a go anyway. Pretty quickly we realized it had been a mistake, and that our ideas of good leadership were 1000% different, so we decided to part ways and start our own guild as we first planned.

Things got so much better so fast. By then a couple friends had stopped playing and one fell out with us due to us leaving PURE. But, my co-leader and I kept at it and grew our city. At the same time I came up with the Co-Op idea and that was definitely a game changer. After about a month we were able to provide guild buffs at no cost to our members.

Time Flies

After a while one of our friends passed away, another took an extended break and another fell off the face of the earth. Walking through town became sad and just full of memoriesā€¦ mostly good. But, it was heartbreaking and I almost dismantled my guild. Thanks to Gondor, and the guys in HSE, I decided to build a base in Kindred Bay and keep the guild going. Iā€™m so glad I did. I have had some amazing help from great friends.

We inherited Quebec Mall, and @JaceyLive gave us an amazing donation to our guild bank, which took so much pressure off my shoulders. Since then we have continued to grow. I promoted my two Right hands, Timoleon and Lorelie, to the Executive roles and since then we have been growing and seeing the efforts of our hard work pay off.

My stores continue to thrive. The Witches Brew has two locations nowā€¦ the one in Trior has my heart and the one in Ultima city in Eresho is probably my favorite build. My Forging Matters store is also successful. One of the things I have always tried to do is price fairly, stay stocked and stay consistent. Iā€™m sure I have one of the longest running shops in game and I am proud of that accomplishment.

This was a great thread and I am so excited to see what comes down the Boundless pipeline in the coming years.

8 Likes

cant wait till see what comes don the road in the future of the game.

1 Like